C&P unused Fleetguard LF16035

I bought 3 of these LF16035 oil filters off Amazon for my 2012 Ram Cummins. I will be putting one on this weekend so I decided to cut one open just to make sure they aren't knock off's. I think this filter looks legit. The media had some tacky substance on the back between the mesh and the media. Overall not too bad, thoughts?

I will probably buy the next round of oil filters from Geno's in Georgia.

Just my $0.02

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 67
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 64
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 57
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 65
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 62
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 57
  • image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    44.2 KB · Views: 56
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 68
Looks like a well constructed filter. Thanks for being willing to share with all of us.

The motorhome I bought late '21 is my first experience with maintaining a diesel engine. I went through a lot of research in comparing the different filter offerings, including Fleetguard, Baldwin, Donaldson, NAPA and others. So I'm curious, what led you to pick the Fleetguard filter over the other options?

Looks like a well constructed filter. Thanks for being willing to share with all of us.

The motorhome I bought late '21 is my first experience with maintaining a diesel engine. I went through a lot of research in comparing the different filter offerings, including Fleetguard, Baldwin, Donaldson, NAPA and others. So I'm curious, what led you to pick the Fleetguard filter over the other options?
Fleetguard is owned by Cummins?

This looks like a great filter & It looks really well constructed! Thanks for sharing.

Fleetguard is the OEM filter for Cummins. I have been using Mopar MO-285 until now, which is made by Fleetguard for the Ram Cummins. When it comes to diesel's they are expensive to maintain, so I like Fleetguard air, oil & fuel filters for added protection.

Just my $0.02

I bought 3 of these LF16035 oil filters off Amazon for my 2012 Ram Cummins. I will be putting one on this weekend so I decided to cut one open just to make sure they aren't knock off's. I think this filter looks legit. The media had some tacky substance on the back between the mesh and the media. Overall not too bad, thoughts?

I will probably buy the next round of oil filters from Geno's in Georgia.

Just my $0.02
The point bonds all over the media are a good indicator that these are genuine. We use an ultra-sonic welding process to bond the multiple layers of our synthetic media grades together instead of using glue.

The point bonds all over the media are a good indicator that these are genuine. We use an ultra-sonic welding process to bond the multiple layers of our synthetic media grades together instead of using glue.
Good stuff! I’m very impressed. Going forward I think I’ll frequent Genos Garage to avoid any potential problems.

Just my $0.02

Back