Fleetguard & Caterpillar fuel filters cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Primary & Secondary fuel filters off my '06 2500HD Duramax.

This is the Fleetguard FF5613 (2um nominal, 4um absolute) that I run as a Primary filter on my Air Dog lift pump.
From the first filter change 3 years ago, Ran about 8,000 miles. Could have gone a lot further, But I change these when convenient.

These are from yesterday, Ran 13,682 miles. Less build up than the first change.....Guess the Air-Dog is cleaning the tank out??

Caterpillar 1R-0750, I run this on the factory fuel filter head (Using an adaptor) as a Secondary filter also 2um nominal 4um absolute....A lot of folks say their 2um absolute....Their not, I called Caterpillar. This filter was in service for over 30,000 miles & 2 years....I couldn't wait any longer!
I had a new OEM Parker/Racor filter that I replaced the Cat with, Thought the Cat filter would be easier to change, It wasn't.
Filter media looks new, The Primary Fleetgaurd is doing such a good job.
I need to call Racor & ask how long I can run their filter with no media loading.

Very nice quality pics. Thank you for the C&P sir
smile.gif

Also ran the Caterpillar 1R-0750, on the factory fuel filter head (Using an adaptor). 2009 Chevy Duramax with a tune, lift pump and 95% bio. Changed filter once a year about 12,000 miles and it looked almost as good as yours, Cat makes some really good filters. Also, let me state my Cat was a lot dirtier than yours, but all the pleats were in perfect shape with no tearing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back