Fleet Filter Purchase (BITOG Sponsor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased 10 filters for my vehicle application the other week. The price was right and cost about $3 less than the local Napa store in Edmonton, Alberta. The problem is that Fleet Filter will only ship with UPS which have this crazy customs brockerage fee to Canada. The breakdown on the costs (all including exchange) were $6 for filter including shipping and $2 for the customs brokerage for a total of $8 per filter. At the local Napa store, the filter costs $9. IMHO, the purchase was not worth it for the limited savings and I think I'll keep the money in Canada in the future.

BTW, I sent them an email thanking them for their support of BITOG and asked if they could ship by other means. No reply yet.

In my experience, all shippers have a ludicrous customs brokerage fee. For NAFTA stuff going between Canada and the US, it especially makes me mad.

Not FleetFilter's fault. Blame UPS.

As far as shipping by other means, they may be willing, but it's generally a PITA to do so. I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was no. When you're set up to ship volume with one company and have a regularly scheduled pickup, trying to accommodate shipping ONE package with another company can be more trouble than it's worth.

Hey, the box is the same ...I'm sure that they have a postage meter. It would be a little inconvenient ..but shouldn't be that big of a deal. They lose the "click it" feature of having all the packages loaded into UPS's database "en mass" and the simple bar code acknowledgement of the receipt of that shipment with the driver scanning the bill of lading ...etc..etc.

BUT ..it should be worth the difference in "handling" for our Canadian friends for a couple of $$ ..or so I would think. I'm sure that they have a USPS pickup too and use it every day. The "Mail person" would probably not be too thrilled with the extra duty ..but they usually whine anyway
dunno.gif

I'm sure FF would ship however you saw fit for a LARGE order, a couple filters I doubt it.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back