FLAT tire . Discovered tire had ...

The donut is for temporary use only. Like long enough to get you to the tire store on Monday. Tread life is about 100 miles

Do you have a source for that? most of the time treadlife on a donut is short.. but a few thousand miles.

Just get three more from the junkyard and ride on!

hoopty.jpg

I’ve seen hooptys with all 4 donuts more than once around here! I once was passed on I-75 by a Dynasty going 70 on FOUR BARE ALLOY WHEELS! I don’t know the idiot made it in that one, he was one pothole away from fiery rollover death...

How did the donut tire become so low on air pressure?
people never check those. I check mine once a year it usually needs a little.
The WWW says 70 miles.
Thats not really the treadlife though.. they dont want you screwing up your car with a tiny tire /reg tire mismatch.. and idiots driving 75mph with them on.

Personally I would use it to get home.. hopefully putting it on a non driven axle (rear for fwd car) and get it fixed asap.. of course thats not always possible.

luckily my jeep has full size spare due to trailhawk pkg.

As long as you don't have a limited slip or an AWD system that would get destroyed, you can run on the donut until it's bald. I've seen people saying they have run 1000+ miles on them. They are a basic 2 ply real radial tire with an 81MPH speed rating and a weight rating that matches or exceeds the other tires.

Curious, what is considered a snow tire? When I look at tires for sale here in La. I see them rated for different terrains, never snow. Does it have a more aggressive grip/tread for just snow? You stated the flat tire was a studded tire. Is that like spikes in the treads?
Must be a N.E. thing . :unsure:
How did the donut tire become so low on air pressure?
Don't no . Thought I had checked it . Easy to overlook . Not getting any younger .

Will be sitting for a few days when the winter get replaced with A/S.. Checked T.P. and holding . Plan to recheck daily .
IMG_5973.JPG

Curious, what is considered a snow tire? When I look at tires for sale here in La. I see them rated for different terrains, never snow. Does it have a more aggressive grip/tread for just snow? You stated the flat tire was a studded tire. Is that like spikes in the treads?
So you're saying 3-peak studdable Winter tires are not sold in Louisiana?

Back