Flange or lock nut

I've got Bilsteins on the 5.0 and lock nuts were provided for the three locations on top of the shock tower. Stock nuts were flange nuts and you can see there is a lot more contact area to the tower and they might be a tiny bit taller, too (can't remember), ie: more threads. I checked the torque a while back and most of the lock nuts were not to spec. I don't know if they were torqued during the install, but it got me thinking which nut might actually be better. Or with a bit of blue loc-tite???

They do make Nyloc flange nuts. What about a washer and a lock nut?
Didn't know that.(y)

"What about a washer and a lock nut?" Thought about that a while back but forgot, but as I would be getting new hardware, was just thinking one or the other. Hmmm... Can lock nuts benefit from a little loc-tite?

Didn't know that.(y)

"What about a washer and a lock nut?" Thought about that a while back but forgot, but as I would be getting new hardware, was just thinking one or the other. Hmmm... Can lock nuts benefit from a little loc-tite?
I would use either lock nuts or regular nuts with Loctite. Nyloc nuts are a one-time-use item. Keep that in mind. I like the newish orange Loctite. Stronger than blue but still removable.

Back