Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cutter
Trouble is, an order of a cheeseburger (5.99) and fries (2.99) will set you back 9.+ dollars at Five Guys. The gastropubs in Philly will all serve you better pub-style burgers (and you can choose your level of done-ness) with fries from anywhere from 8-12 dollars.

DSC_0004.jpg

And where was that one from? Need a new lunch spot!

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
I thought the Phillysteak was the thing to get down there in Philly.

Tony Luke's or John's (by the Lowes on Columbus) for the best. Dinic's and Johns if you prefer roast pork.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: cutter
Trouble is, an order of a cheeseburger (5.99) and fries (2.99) will set you back 9.+ dollars at Five Guys. The gastropubs in Philly will all serve you better pub-style burgers (and you can choose your level of done-ness) with fries from anywhere from 8-12 dollars.

And where was that one from? Need a new lunch spot!

Take a look at this guy's blog [URL]http://www.bridgesburgersbeer.com/[/URL] , looks like he's visited most of the Philly bars that serve good food (gastropub). The burger pictured is from Kraftwork in Fishtown. My favorite hands down is the burger at Village Whiskey.

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
Just went to a Five Guys for the first time on Tuesday (N. 1st St., San Jose location).

I ordered the hamburger "all the way" (hold the tomato...tomatoes suck anymore) and a small regular fries. I figured it would be best to judge their food with just the basics.

The burger was quite large; the patties didn't seem overcooked, but they were dry. I think this might have something to do with the weight they put on them while they're getting fried. While eating the burger, the patties just kind of crumbled apart. The patties weren't seasoned at all; the bare meat did taste OK, not funky like some patty meat. The order of fries was pretty large. The guy filled the small cup and then before handing over the bag, he threw another scoop on top of everything. The fries weren't anything to write home about (so I'm writing it here). They seemed overcooked but the insides were still soft and fluffy. They weren't seasoned at all and tasted like they were fried in old oil; kind of had a burnt taste.

The "free" roasted peanuts were kind of puzzling.

Total price: +$10 with a bottle of water.

Overall, I was not impressed.

5G is not impressive at all. I don't understand why a majority of people go crazy over it and think its edible gold. Here in FL some people go out of their way to get 5G as if gas prices plummeted to pennies.

I'll take Red Robin over Five Guys any day.

There's some local bars that make better burgers than any of the so-called "gourmet" chains around here. One in particular, The Wood Shed bar & grill in Neenah, WI, has one called The Boss. Grilled 1/3# angus patty with pepper jack cheese, onions, jalapenos, and a chipotle ranch sauce. My absolute favorite.

Last edited:
Went to Five Guys Burgers and Fries today for lunch [South Beach] with a friend of mine..I got sick right afterwards..My buddy got sick also..I spend most of the afternoon in the restroom.

My burger was more greasy then normal but otherwise tasted Ok.. I have liked Five Guys in the past but after today I will never set foot in another Five Guys Burgers and Fries ever again.

CrownVic,

I went to a Five Guys Burger in Boca Raton and it was OK...

For less money you can go to Shorty BBQ in Dadeland next to the MetroRail. MMMmmm good and they have coupons you can print off their website.

I don't know if you ever are in the Pembroke Pines area, but if you ever pass by Pines Blvd... try Dough Boys.

Their food is awesome and you can get coupons off their website.

LT4

I sometimes go out to Miramar [Red Road area near the Turnpike] so just might check it out when I in that area.

I should mention I went at Five Guys Burger and Fries in N.Y.C. about a month ago [Bleecker Street in the West Village] and all was well at that one..

I had 5G in L'Enfant plaza in DC the other day. It came to over $11.

The good side was they had one of those new coke syrup machines that mixes all kinds of funky flavors. I rarely drink soda, but I had an orange coke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back