First turbo looking for advice 2014 Regal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!

We're pretty new to our 2014 Regal AWD 2.0 Turbo. Loaded Prem.II group. We got mid-July. I posted pics of it here in the VEHICLES forum, if interested.

Owner's-Manual obviously stresses Dexos-1 Licensed Oils. It specifically states to use the GM Semi-Synthetic 5W-30. 0W-30 suggested if temps frequent -20F....which they CAN here in Fargo, ND!!!
crazy2.gif

The AWD-System on Regals is by Haldex. I'm trying to learn more about it! Yes, the engine is the LTG. Good info. on it @ this link....
Note also...if you have AWD, Oil-Cap. is SIX Qts.!!

GM LTG 2.0 Turbo Engine...

Faron

Mobil1
Pennzoil Platinum
Valvoline SynPower

All 0w30's that are readily available at your local Walmart for less than most auto parts stores,

Last edited:
My first UOA on the dexos1 AC Delco 5W-30 came back after 4200 miles looking quite hale and hearty. The OLM says I could do 6000 miles, and Blackstone agreed; the dealer recommends 5000 no matter what the OLM says. So once my CPO oil changes are over, I'm going to shoot for 4500-5000 on a dexos1 synthetic and not worry. Your turbo is in another class entirely, and a synthetic might well be called for anyway, esp. in your climate.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
I don't know what fares well, but I'd use either Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Plat 5W-30 as both meet Dexos1 and the HTO-06 spec for turbos...

There is your answer. Quaker State synthetic 5W30 also meets both specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back