Firestorm spark plug inventor in radio-interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this interview, and found that it could be of some interest. The funny thing, is that the government in Brazil has shown some interest in producing these sparkplugs
cool.gif

Her it is: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/kywaterfuelmuseum/2008/06/02/Robert-Krupa

I listened to it, not much of an interview, just that guy telling stories. no real data just some stories of how he stumbles upon technology while tinkering.
My B.S meter is going off.

The government of Brazil is interested probably because they sees good profit in making such a product, not because of any technical merit or because it's "good for the people".

This guy got to be a joke right?

1) It allows you to take an internal combustion engine from the standard 14.7:1 air-to-fuel ratio to an incredibly lean 24:1.

2) Before I entered college and earned a [censored] [Bachelor of Science] in engineering, I was taking electrolytic capacitors and mounting them to the plus side of a distributor, which would smooth out the electrical pulses going to the distributor and the spark plugs. With that little improvement, I was able to make cars run smoother.

3) "I have an electrical background that's very heavily into automotive applications. I have an extreme sensitivity to mechanical noise. I can listen to an engine running and tell exactly what's wrong with it. My hearing is so keen that when I worked at General Motors they sent me to Mexico and to Germany and New York to fix engine assembly plants.

4) So, I took a brand new plug and filed it down into the shape of a dome and fired it and noticed it worked a little bit better. But I still had a problem with the grounding side. Next, I whacked the ground off and started putting different configurations of grounding electrodes on it, and I held everything together with toothpicks to make it easier to change. "When I put a half a loop on the grounding side, it seemed to fire a little better. Then I took the head of a screw and bashed it with a hammer until it took a dome shape. Then I took the other side and dimpled it, creating a concave—an inverted dome, really. I carefully balanced that battered dome on top of the electrode of the new plug that I had filed to accommodate it, and then I put a half a ring over it for the negative electrode, again holding all that together with toothpicks. And when it started firing, the amount of energy coming off the plug was just crazy, and I said to myself, 'I've really got something here!'

I think that's enough... can't bear to read it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back