Honda Spark plug Question

I have a Family Member that is at the recommended Mileage to replace spark plugs on an 06-11 Honda Civic 1.8 Non SI. I found the Honda labeled plugs at around $20 each at a discounted price over what a dealer would charge. Is it worth it spend that on these plugs ? I think it’s little spendy for plugs. I would buy once cry once if needed to make sure it runs right. I just don’t want to change them again for another 60-90 thousand miles as listed in the Honda Manual.

You do not have to pay $20 at the dealer :)

You get the exact same spark plugs for less than half the price at Rock Auto (Denso #3432 or NGK #5266) or slightly more at the parts stores.

Another option is Denso #4702, an aftermarket iridium with the twin-tip that is also very good.

Actually 35.15 is what they were asking esch

You can get all four for less than that!

The Honda dealer plugs will say Denso or NGK on them. Tho of the part numbers I listed earlier are the exact same plugs you'd get at the dealer but without having to pay that ridiculous price :D

9807B-561BW is the part #
Any difference in the 2 from Rockauto? I have good luck with RA.

9807B-561BW is the part #
Any difference in the 2 from Rockauto? I have good luck with RA.

That is the exact same as the NGK #5266 from Rock Auto :)
In fact, both the Honda part# you mention and the NGK I listed will both say IZFR6K-11S on the side

The Denso plugs may have a different part number from Honda.

It is also possible for you to find two Denso and two NGK plugs installed at the factory when you replace them.

That is the exact same as the NGK #5266 from Rock Auto :)
In fact, both the Honda part# you mention and the NGK I listed will both say IZFR6K-11S on the side

The Denso plugs may have a different part number from Honda.

It is also possible for you to find two Denso and two NGK plugs installed at the factory when you replace them.
Good deal. Thanks for cross referencing that. I’ve never seen prices that high on plugs even at brick and mortar auto parts stores. Thought they might be made from unicorn tears or whatever.

Good deal. Thanks for cross referencing that. I’ve never seen prices that high on plugs even at brick and mortar auto parts stores. Thought they might be made from unicorn tears or whatever.

NGK #5266 is OEM Honda 9807B561BW (NGK IZFR6K-11S)
Denso #3432 is OEM Honda 9807B561CW (Denso SKJ20DR-M11S)

Denso #4702 is aftermarket Denso TT (Twin Tip) design, but is just as good as the other two and will last just as long if exact OE is not an important requirement and you want to save money.

Denso TT is now an OE plug for many cars, mostly Toyota but plenty of others, too.

Do I need to replace the boots as well? Saw RA suggesting to replace those as well. Think they were Dorman brand.

Back