FIOS speed upgrade

With Verizon provided devices at both ends it should be preconfigured to run that way.
The G1100 is one of the older "Quatum" gateways and only supports non-bonded MoCA, although regular MoCA 2.0 should be fast enough for 200mbps, is there an option in the Actiontec settings to force a slower MoCA speed that may be stuck on, or a bunch of unecessary splits in the coax.

The G1100 is one of the older "Quatum" gateways and only supports non-bonded MoCA, although regular MoCA 2.0 should be fast enough for 200mbps, is there an option in the Actiontec settings to force a slower MoCA speed that may be stuck on, or a bunch of unecessary splits in the coax.
Is bonded meaning 2 channels over one coax or two coax.

I use to have bonded DSL and it was two pair of copper wires each at half speed to get normal speed. Half speed was so the connection would run without a ton or errors.

Is bonded meaning 2 channels over one coax or two coax.

I use to have bonded DSL and it was two pair of copper wires each at half speed to get normal speed. Half speed was so the connection would run without a ton or errors.
It's bonded in the sense that wifi channels are bonded, or DOCSIS downstream channels are bonded, it's over the same cable.

One coax. MoCA sends Ethernet over a 25 MHz wide channel modulated onto a carrier frequency sort of like a TV channel. Other frequencies on the same cable can still be used to distribute signals like additional MoCA feeds to other apartments connected by splitters, conventional cable TV/Internet, satellite dish link to the receiver box, or even over the air TV.

A bonded MoCA uses two such channels next to each other. The difference is not visible to the user unless you have a spectrum analyzer.

It looks like Verizon has shipped me an ethernet cable. The online instructions say to "click here" when I have the ethernet cable installed. I am guessing that triggers the ONT to switch to ethernet from coax?

It looks like Verizon has shipped me an ethernet cable. The online instructions say to "click here" when I have the ethernet cable installed. I am guessing that triggers the ONT to switch to ethernet from coax?
We had a big box on the outside of the house, and then another thing with a battery indoors. There was coax to a router too… I wanted to get rid of all that, so Verizon replaced it with a small black box that hangs on my floor joist, and then I use ethernet to connect to my self supplied router.

I think I pay for 200/200.

As I recall, the old ONT had an Ethernet port in it on the outdoors side. You could set it for either/or.

If all they gave you was an Ethernet cable, is there expectation that you’re buying and providing your own router? When ours had coax it went all the way to the router.
3AC96EFB-92CC-4A96-B35A-BC97037D1167.jpg

We had a big box on the outside of the house, and then another thing with a battery indoors. There was coax to a router too… I wanted to get rid of all that, so Verizon replaced it with a small black box that hangs on my floor joist, and then I use ethernet to connect to my self supplied router.

I think I pay for 200/200.

As I recall, the old ONT had an Ethernet port in it on the outdoors side. You could set it for either/or.

If all they gave you was an Ethernet cable, is there expectation that you’re buying and providing your own router? When ours had coax it went all the way to the router.View attachment 79747
The G1100 the OP has both a coax port for WAN via MoCA and an ethernet connection for WAN over ethernet.

So even Verizon's latest FIOS router only supports MOCA 1.1 on WAN but MOCA 2.5 on LAN.

My FIOS router is older.

Verizon says only 100 Mbps over coax.

They upgraded the service to 200 Mbs and now nothing works.

So I talked to someone in technical support at Verizon who knew his stuff. Downgraded to 75 Mbs and told the ONT to use the coax port and not the Ethernet port. Back to working.

Need to better plan the upgrade to 200 Mbs.

Back