Verizon router & extender

The newest Verizon router and extender allow one to connect several extenders to the router via coax rather than WIFI or CAT6 cable. An advantage when your house is wired with coax.

I am a believer in using access points/extenders that are wired vs WIFI connected to the router.

Are there any other router/extenders that support MOCA connectivity?

you can get moca adapters and use any if you wish.

wifi can be good if you get a tri band mesh so you have dedicated wireless backhaul.
vs traditional

i am having all kind of trouble reconfiguring my Linksys extender ever since my ISP had a blackout earlier. 🤯

99.9% positive i finally got it back. i too am a believer in extenders especially if your shop is in the garage with a metal door.

you can get moca adapters and use any if you wish.

wifi can be good if you get a tri band mesh so you have dedicated wireless backhaul.
vs traditional
Even if the backhaul wireless transmission is dedicated and very fast I still think there are delays due to retransmission.

you can get moca adapters and use any if you wish
Most MOCA adapters are pairs with coax between each pair. With the Verizon router and extenders you can have multiple extenders with one coax coming out if the router connected to multiple extenders using a coax splitter or two.

Most MOCA adapters are pairs with coax between each pair. With the Verizon router and extenders you can have multiple extenders with one coax coming out if the router connected to multiple extenders using a coax splitter or two.
most are sold as pairs.
How many MoCA adapters can I use? With a MoCA adapter like the HT-EM4, you can have up to 16 MoCA-enabled devices on your network, which translates into a lot of capacity to spare! MoCA Adapters create a reliable wired network to push solid Wi-Fi coverage throughout your entire home or space.

I am actually considering them as my house was rewired to have new coax to every room but no ethernet.
(was looted when vacant of all copper previous to me purchasing)
cant use powerline ethernet as it trips my CAFCI breakers randomly... at least the 2 models that I tested.

Would let me move all my networking equipment to a rack in the basement and still have a switch in my office + the WAPs

unrelated I like the unifi dream machine pro and the U6-long range.. the lite model wap doesnt break 200mbits.. the LR which is 4x4 is about as fast as my 3 year old TPLINK a2300 (the wifi)

but the reason I like them is their updates. The lite is fine for a garage ap or workshop but when your internet is 400mbit you dont really want wap's that max at 200mbit if they are "AX1200"
At the time I purchased 2 of the lite waps that is all they had available and they are pretty good price at $99 but I would recommend using the Long range version even if you dont need long range as the processor is over twice as strong and 4x4 radio vs 2x2

Note all speed testing was done with wifi 5 devices and the waps are wifi 6.. but they were tested with ONLY the one device on them in the same room.

Last edited:
Back