Finding an oil to prevent LSPI, API SP and Euro Compliancy

So, I maintain 3 Volkswagen vehicles that are all Turbo Direct Injection engines. a 2015 Jetta 1.8T, a 2018 Golf R 2.0T, and a 2015 GTI 2.0T. All 3 vehicles are on aftermarket tuning software, and the Golf R does have a larger turbo and does see the occasional track day. Until recently I wasn't fully aware of LSPI and the newer API SN Plus/SP designation. Ive found that finding a European spec oil on a 0w40/5w40 flavor that meets this newer spec for the LSPI testing protocol isn't extremely easy, and not a huge variety of readily accessible oil meets them. Im a creature of habit, as in I'd prefer to purchase the same oil for all 3 of the VW's, regardless if its overkill to a degree. Focusing on the Golf R, being a larger turbo and seeing the track, I'd like to base my choice off of that. Until now, any Euro 5w40 has been the choice in all 3 cars, currently STP Euro. What would your suggestion be for an LSPI compliant, Euro motor oil that preferably meets VW 502.00 as well? Thank you!

I was under the impression that LSPI wasn't a big issue in the EA888 platform. I think the guys over in the European and Import oils section could be a better help.

LSPI protection isn't going to be solved by any oil. Its a design flaw in engines that is being pushed in you lap by the car industry. No those Sweethearts should have to fix those engines for nothing and if they fail again they should get the privilege of buying your car back for your MSRP when new!

I’m thinking vw 511.00 spec would be where to look. Your R was spec’d for 504/507 right? 511 is like the 5w40 of that.

edy will have better answers as he’s super euro oil smart

LSPI in VWs? I believe they had that figured out years ago. SN, SP and so forth are nowhere near as good as VW, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW specified oils. Use the Lubrizol Tool and see for yourself.

Answer to your actual question: Quaker State Euro 5w40 SN Plus or SP and Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0w40/5w40 SN Plus or SP are both Euro oils that are formulated to be anti-LSPI whether you need it or not.

I've not yet found any others that are not boutique oils . If you jump to the VW 504 or even VW 511 spec those are both good choices as well.

MB229.52
VW504.00/507.00 (2020 update)
VW511.00 (use in R, will cover you on track as it has Porsche C40).
BMW LL19FE

All have LSPI test.
For tracked R go Motul 5W40 X-Clean GEN2 if you are concerned with LSPI. Personally, I think any Porsche A40 would work. There are some, very few instances of LSPI on EA888, but not widespread.

LSPI in VWs? I believe they had that figured out years ago. SN, SP and so forth are nowhere near as good as VW, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW specified oils. Use the Lubrizol Tool and see for yourself.
1621222080350.jpg

Back