Find out where your parts are coming from

Wondering if your favorite parts company is importing Chinese parts, I found this website a few days ago that shows what imports a certain company has been making and it’s fun to go through and see what is getting imported and stuff. The top thing I’ve been seeing is suspension parts and brakes (Autozone). Also found out the Federated Struts on my car (made by FCS) are also a Chinese import (shocker) Doesn’t mean Chinese parts are bad but they are generally lower quality.

To use the website go to google and type in a company with “import genius” after it. For example “fcs import genius” and there you go, it will show you the website.

Not sure how useful it is for a specific part. Recently bought Brembo brake pads and the box said made in China. When I enter "Brembo import genius” nothing shows as coming from China.

Used ATE rotors Made in China. Took them off from BMW after 35,000 miles. They went through Colorado winters, 10+ track days, 4 sets of track/racing pads, and I think one of those pads, StopTech for track days, caught fire, but than it was Made in the US.
And, I took them off bcs. upgraded brakes to 335 F30 set up.
Point is, depends which company sells parts Made in China.

Interesting that Brembo uses not only China but Mexico too. I figured Italy and China and other European countries but after all its a global company, but I never saw set of them that were made in Mexico.

Last edited:
Back