Finally Amsoil coming out with two MT oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhh heck ya!

AMS for life!
tongue.gif

keith you are too funny!

The already released new gear (severe gear and long life) oils from Amsoil are straight GL-5 oils for differentials, and may be used in GL-4 diffs.

They really aren't tranny oils - but will work fine IF your tranny calls directly for a GL-5.

Hence my excitement about the upcoming MT products!

my MY 04 WRX requires a GL-5. will one of them be a GL-5 or at least a GL-4/GL-5. right now i have their new gear oil in there, but will be adding a quart of synchromesh to help 1st gear grind issue (which has already been replaced).

Please keep us posted.

P.S. I may be new to Amsoil, but i can tell you by changing from Mobil one to their oil in the same weight my boost gauge dropped by .1 MPa at idle.

Joe

The Severe Gear and Longlife Amsoil Gear lubes are GL-5/MT-1 rated, which means they have excellent compatability with brass/bronze syncros. However, they are intended primarily for differential use. Amsoil also just introduced a new GL-4/GL-5 rated, marine gear lube in a 75w-90 grade, so I'm not surprised by the new MT fluids. I'd expect one to be a GL-4 only, SAE 75w-90 and the other to be a direct GM "syncromesh" replacement. This would be formulated more along the lines of an SAE 5w-30 engine oil in terms of high/low temp viscometrics ....

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back