Filtermag and Wire-Backed Filter Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is my first post and unfortunately its a question. I hear great things about those Filtermags; better oil analyses results, "cleaner oil", and cleaner oil filters when they are cut open. My question is will these serious magnets pull apart the wire-backed media from the filter or inhibit any metal parts of the filter such as a metal anti-drain back valve?

Originally Posted By: Gadsden
will these serious magnets pull apart the wire-backed media from the filter or inhibit any metal parts of the filter such as a metal anti-drain back valve?

The FilterMag isn't strong enough to destroy the internal components of the oil filter.

If it was, you wouldn't be able to remove it from the canister.

I've never seen a metal ADBV.

Someone on here had a theory about maginatically charged shavings becomming dislodged from the magnet and possibly attaching themselves to someplace else in the motor.

I don't know if there is any truth to it... but that is the only "downside" I've heard about the FilterMag.

Even if the stuff let's loose from the magnet it has to go through the media before it gets a chance at the engine just like it would have anyway. If it's large enough of a particle it will get caught hopefully anyway.

I use a filter mag and when you cut open a filter it definitely catches something ferrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back