filter for unusual car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Baldwin's standard filters are like most others, imo. The HPG line(high performance glass) are up there with the better filters. No reason not to use them.
21.gif

I'd be temped to just use a FL1A sized filter right off the shelf at any parts store. If there's some need to simulate the Purflux added surface area, and you've got room, something like a 51776 filter would work. It's LONG. There is an even bigger (in total volume) Wix offering in the 3/4-16 thread.

The issue with that big Ford filter I would assume would be room. A lot of the imports like that have limited room for the filter. All depends on where it is located. If it fits you are right he could use it.

I realize that as a rule a bigger filter is better, but in this case it seems to me that it might not be.
This car only gets driven every 3-4 weeks, and the axis of the mounted filter is about 30 degrees above the horizontal. My guess is that over that period of time most of the oil will seep out of the filter, despite the ADV. So a bigger filter means more dead space that has to be filled before I get oil pressure upon startup.

Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back