Filled up on Shell V-Power with Nitrogen this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been about 5 tanks now with this fuel in the Corolla, and it has definately reduced the ping issue. I will keep using this fuel and run some SI-1 or Amsoil P.I. every 5K.

Just saw a new banner for 'Nitrogen enriched' fuel at the Shell near my house in Ottawa.

Didn't try it, though, as I had a '10 times' multiplyer coupon for Canadian tire 'money' if I filled up there. Gets me $1.50 on a full tank - woo hoo!

Im in Ottawa - I have done 2 tanks with the new shell blend - so far engine actually "seems" smoother and accelerates a bit faster.
I have not done a MPG test, because all I have been driving is city, too many variables to get a good comparison.

Sorry I still haven't made it out to Kitchener, but I was down the mountain yesterday in lower Hamilton and I noticed the blue banners at our stations here... "Try our new Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline" Didn't have my BlackBerry with me or I would have taken a picture...

Yay!!!!
grin2.gif

well its public here in toronto (canada), shell has signs all over, try nitrogen fuel signs...

I filled up, but only a 20l on a 60l tank (rest of the gas was old stock)

No difference soo far....I probably won't see a difference, just hope shell doesn't sell fuel at a difference price then the rest of the companies here due to this nitrogen stuff..

I have been running the nitrogen stuff for 3 tanks already and no noticable difference. I use a fuel additive with every fill-up and so I could already have a clean system and won't see the benefits of Nitrogen enriched fuel.
13.gif

I won't run it just for the reason of the marketing. Any company that creates such a stupid ad campaign designed to attract the car-dumb lemmings is nothing I want any part of. To slap them in the face a little more, I've been using nothing but Citgo gasoline for the last month or so!

As for the "nitrogen enriched" hooey, there's enough people that saw the Fast & Furious movie, and associate nitrous oxide with power, so if they can get gas with "NOS" in it, they're going to do it.

I'm using it because it's a top-tier fuel, close to my house and I get a discount there with my Shell card. Otherwise I would use whoever is the cheapest.

cheers3.gif

I think you have to be very scientific if you will be able to tell a difference.

If you look at the well reviewed Amsoil PI that Amsoil themselves publishes, the mileage gains are only like 2%, so if will take an extremely controlled test to tell the difference between getting 400miles/tank and 408miles/tank.
I think the best one can hope for is equivilant of not needing to be putting in your own maintenance dose of fuel additive each tank. There's no way your butt-dyno will be able to tell the diffence of such a small %.

The Nitrogen "enhanced" formula is getting more available in Canada now. I've seen the signs in Manitoba, BC, and also Northern Washington State.
Yes I realise Washington isn't Canada but it sure is pretty down the coast...

Originally Posted By: GT Mike
I won't run it just for the reason of the marketing. Any company that creates such a stupid ad campaign designed to attract the car-dumb lemmings is nothing I want any part of. To slap them in the face a little more, I've been using nothing but Citgo gasoline for the last month or so!

As for the "nitrogen enriched" hooey, there's enough people that saw the Fast & Furious movie, and associate nitrous oxide with power, so if they can get gas with "NOS" in it, they're going to do it.

Thats, fine.

I do not really see how people will think it has "NOS" in it.

To bad your so against it, Shell is a leader in high quality Top tier fuels.

I would use Shell way before I used Citgo.

You only discovered that companies have marketing departments now and boycott it just because they came up with dumb names?

Why didn't you also boycott "V-power" since V might mean Very powerful?
Or what about Chevron Supreme, does that means that it comes with sour cream?
I also assume you've never seen a beer commercial?
No one should take advertising seriously.
http://www.thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm

Last edited:

So give your money to a US hating dictator like Chavez
09.gif

Originally Posted By: Mau
well its public here in toronto (canada), shell has signs all over, try nitrogen fuel signs...

I filled up, but only a 20l on a 60l tank (rest of the gas was old stock)

No difference soo far....I probably won't see a difference, just hope shell doesn't sell fuel at a difference price then the rest of the companies here due to this nitrogen stuff..

you're missing out on great fuel, I find it gives my car(s) the best mpg result and as many have stated it is Top Tier

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
So give your money to a US hating dictator like Chavez
09.gif

smirk2.gif

Your media would have you believe that. Take a trip to Cuba and you will realize it's not the way you have been lead to believe. I have been their 4 times and it's my favourite vacationing spot. I have quite a few friends there now and have seen actual daily life.

It's sad, that because the US government couldn't infiltrate the country like they have everywhere else so they give it a bad name and try to make everyone believe along the lines of your statement. Wake up people... You're being brainwashed.

Ok I have said my piece...
13.gif

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Originally Posted By: nicholas
Do we get this new fangled gas in Canada/ Ontario ?
I can not find anything on Shell.ca ?

I had emailed Shell Canada a week ago and got this reply:

Thank you for your message. You are absolutely right; the announcement is for the United States of America. The New Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline has been introduced exclusively to the American market.

Sincerely,

Shell Customer Service Centre

Well I have seen the advertisement to my gas station in Warden and Ellesmere one week ago.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mephy
Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
I had emailed Shell Canada a week ago and got this reply:

Thank you for your message. You are absolutely right; the announcement is for the United States of America. The New Nitrogen Enriched Gasoline has been introduced exclusively to the American market.

Sincerely,

Shell Customer Service Centre

Well I have seen the advertisement to my gas station in Warden and Ellesmere one week ago.

For sure the Shell.ca rep who had replied knew nothing about this program. And yes I have seen it all over the around the GTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back