Filled up on Shell V-Power with Nitrogen this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Terry Dyson confirmed it is in all 3 grades of fuel.

I didnt think it was a secret or anything. It gave this info. on a USA Shell announcement earlier this year and even at the station level the Nitrogen stickers are plastered on every pump.

It's not a secret, but I thought I would just confirm it from a good source... See you on the mobility blog 21Rouge!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
So give your money to a US hating dictator like Chavez
09.gif

smirk2.gif

Your media would have you believe that. Take a trip to Cuba and you will realize it's not the way you have been lead to believe. I have been their 4 times and it's my favourite vacationing spot. I have quite a few friends there now and have seen actual daily life.

It's sad, that because the US government couldn't infiltrate the country like they have everywhere else so they give it a bad name and try to make everyone believe along the lines of your statement. Wake up people... You're being brainwashed.

Ok I have said my piece...
13.gif

Chavez is the leader of Venezuela, not Cuba.

Originally Posted By: nfs480
09.gif

smirk2.gif

Your media would have you believe that. Take a trip to Cuba and you will realize it's not the way you have been lead to believe. I have been their 4 times and it's my favourite vacationing spot. I have quite a few friends there now and have seen actual daily life.

It's sad, that because the US government couldn't infiltrate the country like they have everywhere else so they give it a bad name and try to make everyone believe along the lines of your statement. Wake up people... You're being brainwashed.

Ok I have said my piece...
13.gif

Chavez is the leader of Venezuela, not Cuba.

I was going to say that, but I wanted to see how long it took for someone to catch it!

Props to you sir! You win!

Now I gotta decide........

BP with Invigorate (which has woke up my engine) or Shell with Nitrogen?

Sorry... I had the wrong guy in mind for the name... My apologies...
blush.gif

No big deal, just figured i'd point it out.

On the topic of this thread, i've been using the BP Invigorate since there are no top tier stations in my area.

I normally use Chevron and tried Shell V-power w/ nitrogen a few times, in fact this last fill up, and I am sure this is not related but during my commute this morning, my 08 f150 w/8k decided to start missing for a few miles, then cleared up. Hoping some moisture went thru the line and is now gone.

09.gif

As opposed to giving it to the Middle East, where they just looooove Americans, right?

It's just a dumb coincidence that the gasoline I choose to buy happens to be Citgo. I buy it because it has no ethanol in it.

But, to get all the "patriots" (nationalists might be a better term) riled up, I threw the C-bomb in my post. Looks like it worked!

Last edited:
KA426,

You won't catch me using this brand of gas no matter if it has that fancy Nitrogen in it!!!! My area wants $3.00 (three bucks) per gallon now..... and that's just for regular.

Durango

Today I filled up with Shell Premium (91 octane) for $2.62/gallon in Irvine, CA.
I stick with either Shell, Chevron, Mobil or Texaco because these fuels work best with my RX-8, unlike the unknown quality gasoline from Sam's or Costco which sometimes feels as if I bought stale fuel.
Even my MPV has run poorly on the spot market stuff.

Currently all our local Shells have the nitrogen enriched fuel (all grades). Seeing a steady 32mpg. Not sure if it's the engine breaking in some more (14K miles), or actually the nitrogen offsetting the ethanol in the regular grade (10%).

Originally Posted By: JackFish
Oddly enough, Shell 91 is the only gas available here that does not contain ethanol. That's why I buy it.

Do you find the MPG increase of the premium offsets the extra cost of 10c a litre?
I didn't so I switched back to the regular 10% blend.
frown.gif

There is a 10x Airmiles promo on the V-power though!
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back