Fiat Chrysler and Peugeot shareholders vote to merge, creating world's fourth-largest car maker

Hopefully this means we get some cool little European cars here in the states. Even though it really means more SUV's and crossovers. Sigh...

In other news, September 1940, Germany, Italy, and Japan combine to create unstoppable tripartite pact...

It's going to end just the same.

Like Ram, Wrangler, and JGC … nobody buys those … 😷

Those are the brands the Chinese wanted. The rest would whither away. That deal didn’t go through. I definitely see brand names disappearing in the near future. Stellantis doesn’t need 6 or 8 brand names.

Those are the brands the Chinese wanted. The rest would whither away. That deal didn’t go through. I definitely see brand names disappearing in the near future. Stellantis doesn’t need 6 or 8 brand names.
I don’t think anything branded Peugeot or Citroën would sell well here in the states.... “Americanize” the styling a bit, sell them under a familiar brand (maybe Chrysler and/or Jeep for crossovers for instance) and it might work.

Yes, but there have already been a few that disappeared, like Plymouth, Eagle, AMC...etc. Look at GM, post-bankruptcy, Saturn, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Hummer, none of those survived. Hummer is now coming back as some ridiculous model of EV 🤷‍♂️

I remember that on a few Chrysler K-cars back in late 70's, etc. When I had my second car in HS, a 68 GTO, I only could afford 2 aluminum wheels, so I ran those on the drivers side, and hubcaps on the other. Can only see one side at a time, so my car looked cool half the time.

Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately, these news releases is as far as most go in tracking what any "new" company does.
To PimTac: Maybe the "6 or 8 brand names" are regional.
I'm not certain the involved brand names are as cheap as Plymouth/Dodge or Pontiac/Oldsmobile became.

I don’t think anything branded Peugeot or Citroën would sell well here in the states.... “Americanize” the styling a bit, sell them under a familiar brand (maybe Chrysler and/or Jeep for crossovers for instance) and it might work.

No but take a Peugeot sedan and stick a Chrysler badge on it and it might. They do make some nice looking cars.

I think they could have came up with a better name, like Asparagus Motors or Fungus Group, Inc.

obviously there’s gonna be a consolidation of platforms between FCA, the remnants of GM Europe and PSA. until then they’re gonna be competing with themselves

Back