Fiat Chrysler close to merging with Renault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by GMBoy
Regardless of all the bad opinions of FCA - they make a darn good product. I have a 2016 RAM Limited, love it and no problems. Wife's 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, now has 106k miles and still looks new and never been back to the dealer except for the stupid shifter reflash which I wish I didn't get done. The new RAM trucks are top of the line in quality and features. They are the only company making V8 muscle cars and V8 sedans that we can afford. GM nor Ford has rear drive V8 coupe or moderately priced V8 sedan like FCA. FCA is almost like an American company looking at their vehicle line-up!

My experience with FCA is also anecdotal, I have two in my stable currently. Sig car was built in July 05, bought new, has almost 110k miles and has been a wonderful car. Our RAM is a 14, at 80k miles now and absolutely free of any issues.

I just don't see the tremendous hate on the net, but then again everyone has an opinion...

Same here, my 15 Grand Caravan is great and I'm really happy with the purchase. It did have two issues, freezing nav unit and an intermittent noise coming from the HVAC blower, which were repaired without absolutely no hassle. The blower was repaired solely based on a video we took because it happened so rarely.

Lots of people may hate Chrysler, but that simply meant I got a great vehicle that is the most practical in it's class, is very well equipped and I got to save more than $10k when compared to the competition.

It also means lots of young families that are just starting out in their careers can have a dependable vehicle with a warranty that starts at a very reasonable price.

Proof is in the pudding, Grand Caravan production was supposed to end in 2018 I think, then got extended to 2019 and now it's supposed to be 2020, but who knows. It still sells extremely well.
Chrysler has many other vehicles that are flying off the lots and fetching premium pricing as well.

But I keep forgetting, using sales numbers as a sign of a good vehicle is only reserved for the Camcord crowd, for other makes, it simply means people buying them are stupid, brainwashed and don't know any better....‚

Originally Posted by PimTac
Late news coming across is saying that this deal is off.

Just as well. I don't think it is a good fit for anyone.

I'd be happy to see Nissan and Mitsubishi leave the alliance with Renault.

Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has deep pockets and would be helpful to Nissan.

Agreed ^ Renault is ruining Nissan. Nissan needs to get it's Japanese heritage back, right now Nissan is a economy brand. Worked for a former supplier, Nissan would always be coming in asking for 30% discounts 6 months after a new car model is launched.....

I agree. Nissan-Mitsubishi should go on their own. In fact I have been speculating that was the reason for them to get together in the first place. The friction between Renault and Nissan has been building for a while now.

In reading the news about this pullback, one item stood out to me. Nissan Mitsubishi declared that they were going to vote abstain on the Fiat merger. That is telling and soon after that Fiat pulled the plug on the deal. The French govt which is Renault's largest shareholder was also making demands that Fiat didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back