FCA-Peugeot Group merger agreed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Spktyr
"Awful Euro Motors Incorporated" is my suggestion.

Plus a bit of Chinese. Dongfeng will have a 4.5% share of the merger as well

"....will now start work on delivering their pledge to cut costs by $4.1 billion a year without closing factories."

Okayyy. This should be interesting.

Having owned a Peugeot 404 in the 70's I can say that they are very French. The ride and the seats were awesome. The weirdness of the French stood out as soon as you tried to drive it. As I recall the turn signal was on the wrong side of the steering column. The cylinders were numbered from the firewall instead of from the front of the motor. The transmission would start out in second gear unless you really stepped on it. Door lock buttons were "up" to lock. Just weird. Wonder if that weirdness will bleed over.

Well, this should be interesting. I'll be driving a Jeep (American brand) based on a German platform, built by an Italian company with an engine made in Mexico that is now part of a French/Italian conglomerate
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted by vwmaniaman
Having owned a Peugeot 404 in the 70's I can say that they are very French. The ride and the seats were awesome. The weirdness of the French stood out as soon as you tried to drive it. As I recall the turn signal was on the wrong side of the steering column. The cylinders were numbered from the firewall instead of from the front of the motor. The transmission would start out in second gear unless you really stepped on it. Door lock buttons were "up" to lock. Just weird. Wonder if that weirdness will bleed over.

I had a 505sti. Most comfortable seats I ever had in any vehicle.

I was told to praise a new Peugeot a girl's father had just purchased.
I forgot.

While in the car I was impressed at the quality and comfort of the car....then I remembered.

It was easy to praise the car. It was nice.

She was pleased.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
"....will now start work on delivering their pledge to cut costs by $4.1 billion a year without closing factories."

Okayyy. This should be interesting.

The French have the solution. Who says they have to build cars in those factories. Keep them open, pay the workers. Problem solved.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Well, this should be interesting. I'll be driving a Jeep (American brand) based on a German platform, built by an Italian company with an engine made in Mexico that is now part of a French/Italian conglomerate
crazy2.gif

My TJ was built during the Daimler Chrysler era. I added Bilstein shocks, Hella E Codes(with Osram Night Breaker bulbs), and MB Quart speakers. I'm trying to make it as German as possible.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
crazy2.gif

I guess this makes your JEEP and my Buick related! American name most popular in China, German built, American/German engine, Japanese transmission, English driveline. Created by GM, now PSA, and officially dead in America and most likely a dead platform.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Peugeot + Fiat + Chrysler. Kind of sad to think about.

Don't forget Citroen and Dongfeng.

Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by vwmaniaman

I had a 505sti. Most comfortable seats I ever had in any vehicle.

I had a 505 diesel 4 sp manual and that car was awesome, so comfortable, the only thing I missed was a 5th gear.
smile.gif

Wanted to buy another one, but Peugeot had left north america and Chrysler was lookin after it, so off I went to a Chrysler dealer to have a look at the newer ones, it was a day after a snowfall and all the cars were covered in snow, the salesman gave me a broom to clear the snow off, I bought a Toyota instead, but I still miss the ride & comfort of that 505.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back