Few Questions About GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I intend to try GC (despite of my innate love to Mobil 1) in my 2.2 Ecotec engine. Thus I have a few questions about GC and wonder if some of you can answer them:

1. What's the NOACK number for German Castrol 0W-30?
Taking into consideration Amsoil Series 2000 0W-30 I would think that the NOACK for GC would be around 10-12%.

2. What's the official flash point?

3. What's the exact amount of Calcium in it? In few VOAs results amount varied from 3600 ppm to 4000 ppm.

4. Lets say I don't like the GC and want to switch back to Mobil 1. Do you think that engine might develop a leak if I move from GC back to Mobil 1? I think it is possible due to the relatively high amount of esters in GC and absence (or relatively low amount) of thereof in Mobil 1.

I'm probably going to try GC anyway, just wanted to know your opinions.

Thank you,

[ January 04, 2004, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Titanium_Alloy ]

I'm not sure what the NOAK is but it's probably comparale to S2k which I think is now 8.4%. I'd guess it's somewhere between that and 10%.

You won't have any issues with leaks by switching back and forth as most of us on here do try many brands. I'm not sure about the flash point. VOA's vary all time and it's hard to really get a true read out of the amount of additives are in these oils. It does have I believe well over 3k ppm of Calcium. It's proving to be among one of the best oils out there.

[ January 04, 2004, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back