Fel-Pro quality?

And your user name is LeakySeals? the FelPro you show looks like it would fit with a slight pull, not perfect but not horrible.
I fitted bolts in every corner to hold it in place and installed. Of course one of the bolts fell into the full pan of transmission fluid. šŸ˜‚ So far, no leaks. I was going to have old rusty towed to the junkyard, but there are not very many cheap used cars for college kids right now. This pan buys another month of looking and then off to the junkyard she goes.

Attachments

• IMG_2941.jpeg
    IMG_2941.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 11
I replaced the valve cover gasket on my 93 Tercel last year and the new Fel-Pro fit poorly, to the point where I had to grab something else instead. Looking at it, it was simply malformed.

Their stuff used to always be top notch but I have had a couple of similar incidents over the last few years. I wonā€™t use them again unless I have to.

What is funny we all have no idea if the OEM gaskets are made in the same factory and same materials and same machines used, as any off brand gaskets that you can think of that you don't like for some reason.
What comes to mind is the old highschool kid arguments about what brand of car is the best, those were the days.

Used all Fel-Pro to seal a Ford V6 intake. It worked fine. The Japanese applications seem hit or miss, for my car, the Fel-Pro gasket for the valve cover was a repackaged OE. For Japanese cars, the aftermarket gaskets are Ishino-Stone, a division of NOK or Freudenberg Japan. Iā€™ve used a few Stone VC gaskets and seals on a Honda with luck.

Mahle and Victor Reinz are OE suppliers AFAIK, Fel-Proā€™s PermaDryPlus and PermaTorqueMLS seem to be ā€œproblem-solverā€ parts for the aftermarket that work. Driv hasnā€™t ruined Fel-Proā€¦ yet. Else, if the return rates are high, the aftermarket will be seeking a new supplier.

Back