FEDEX : 10 Days To Get 125 Miles

I'm a driver, there's not a driver shortage........
The problem is two fold:
1) Laziness fueled by certain folks handing out free checks and pampering everyone and giving them a crutch to support their worthlessness.
2) Companies treating experienced drivers like crap so they eventually throw in the towel and go do something else. (The boat I am in)

That sounds like a driver shortage to me. The reasons you give are true but the end result is the same.

It’s the same for package sorters and loaders too.

I wonder if these odd routes are the result of packages being cleared out to make room for incoming packages?

So far it seems that UPS has been the best for deliveries in "the current situation"
I have bad experiences before with UPS, packages arriving damaged and also the contents inside. And I swear to God I will never use them again. When I buy online, if the seller says they ship via UPS, I say ship it via USPS or no deal. I never had problems with USPS & Amazon deliveries.

Last edited:
That sounds like a driver shortage to me. The reasons you give are true but the end result is the same.

It’s the same for package sorters and loaders too.

I wonder if these odd routes are the result of packages being cleared out to make room for incoming packages?
You are correct, I suppose I didn't word it right. I pretty much was saying that there are plenty of drivers, but a big percentage of them riding the Brandon train, then quite a few sick of being told to break every DOT rule in the book, so we go turn wrenches or something along those lines. But you are correct, but it is definitely not a "natural" shortage of drivers.

The goal of FedEx is not how to get your package to you the fastest, it's how to ship your package to you the cheapest in a "reasonable" amount of time.

Familiar with many of the NC and Ga locations on the list. Seems NC and Atlanta burbs popular destinations for this item. Sent it all the way back to Concord NC which is farther East and South of Lincolnton where it started. With all the locations it's been to, seems to have entered a FedEx delivery black hole. I'll be surprised if you ever get it now.

Otoh, recently had a Rock Auto order sent Fed Ex ground from NJ, it was very quick.

Let's open a betting pool on this one. Ordered last night.

Screenshot_20220519-141652-669.jpg

I'll be surprised if you ever get it now.

If I had used my street address in Johnson City TN, I think it would have gotten here by now.
If it's not here by this Saturday, I will call the company I bought it from and they will cancel the order and I will make a new order for the same items, but sent to my street address. I have a feeling my PO box to Mountain Home TN is what slowed up this shipment.

A few months ago, I ordered some Bilstein struts on Ebay that were in Germany. I live just outside Nashville, TN. They were sitting on my front porch 4 days later, Thats right 4 days. Amazon can't come close to this service.

did they deliver to the correct address?:ROFLMAO:

Fedex always does fine delivering stuff to my neighborhood...the problem is half the time they deliver my package to one of my neighbors. I get stuff at least once a month delivered to me that does not have my name or address on it. Yet there it is, sitting right by my front door.

Back