"FBI" LOAD FOR HOME DEFENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that has a hand gun that is worried about how lethal it is is just a person that worries too much. Stop and think about this. British .303 and Springfield 30-06's where used for years to harvest all kinds of dangerious game in Africa prior to caliber limitations being put in place for various game. If someone can Take an elphant with a British .303 then why the heck are you worried about stopping a man with a hand gun.....Do you expect to have someone break into your house wearing 4 layers of denium, a good down jacket hiding behind a shield he made from a car winshield???

Really are you planning on having a crack hore break into your place to steal your TV set?????Do black helicopters fly over your house all the time?The human body is not that tough of a machine.

The most important thing is to practice enough and regularly so you can do what needs doing under stress!It is harder then you think wake up in the middle of the night because you heard a noise get you handgun out put a mag in it and go through your home ready to shoot someone!

I have a house full of guns and you know when I hear a noise at night I never go and grab a gun. I normally get up and go downstairs empty handed. I think most people are like me in that reguard and do not go for the gun unless they have reason to think they will need it. Now if I lived in Detroit in a bad part of town that had a lot of prostitutes and drug dealers then yes I would go for my gun when ever I heard a noise.So really unless you have the gun with you and take it every place you go even in the middle of the night the above is all academic!

Talked to a gunsmith at Dan Wesson/ Glock/ Springfield and Smith And Wesson.

All agree that Speer Gold-Dots are the best feeding self defense ammo out there especially in 1911's. Winchester is fine. Hornady and Hydra-Shocks are tempermental as a rule.

In my opinion the best one's are the one's that feed!!

A fail to feed might ruin your day.

Last edited:
In my Glock 23 I have a one mag loaded with Federal HST, one with Speer Gold Dots, and Winchester Ranger Talons in the other. All very fine loads, but I give the edge to the HST after my research.

In my SP101 .38/.357 revolver I go with the Federal LSWCHP +p 158 grain (FBI Load).

I read all the time of people being shot with handguns 4,5,6 times and still not giving up, especially under the influence of strong drugs.

If a handgun is all I had, fine. But it is definitely not my #1. I would go for a pump shotgun 870, Mossy 500, Winchester 1300 or an AR15, but YMMV.

Handguns are useful to get to your rifle or shotgun if need be.

No handgun load can compete with a rifle round (like .223 or 7.62x39) or a slug/00 Buck from a shotgun.

It is not fun to look at, but take a look at what kind of damage a shotgun or a .223/5.56 can do to someone. There are various articles out there some with pictures, etc.

Quote:
So asking for documentation is a cheap way of trying to deny something as factual

crackmeup2.gif

You post that on this site? Your posts are pure entertainment.

I agree that in most cases a magic bullet is not going to save you. Your proficiency with your firearm and its reliability factor is whats going to matter. I use plain ole federal nyclads in my revolver and federal AE FMJ in my semi-autos and I dont lose any sleep.

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
......I have a house full of guns and you know when I hear a noise at night I never go and grab a gun. I normally get up and go downstairs empty handed.

Well, John, that's easy for you to say at your height and weight, 'cause if I broke into your house one night and you confronted me, all 6'2" and 350 lbs of you standing there in your BVDs, you wouldn't need your .44 magnum; I'd just [censored] myself and have a heart attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back