FAX Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, all in ones seem like a really decent value considering they're on sale often at Staples or O. Dep for ~$100 for inkjets, and laser ones for ~$200. Consider paying extra for one that's ethernet ready, and it can be the house laser printer too.

I've had slightly more negative experiences with HP all in ones (love their laptops though as they proved very durable) in the past (maybe things have changed) than from traditional faxes made by more typical fax makers (eg canon, panasonic). Kodak's lines typically have the best pricing on ink cartridges, and their user consumer electronics interfaces are IMO typically better than other brands.

My Dad had a horrible experience with an HP All-in-One. Fax machine would never answer and accept faxes. He dumped it after a year, went to Lexmark. No problems.

what is a fax machine? :)

My great-great-great-grandfather had a teletype with acoustic modem when he was a child. Is fax machine something like that?

Seriously, almost all the places which want a fax, will accept a pdf file via email. Newer scanner can generate a pdf file rather than tif file.

- Vikas

Last edited:
You might actually be surprised how many people want instructions FAXED to them - because get this - they can't look at PDF's on their phones!(they don't have PC's, just order from the web using phones)

Yep - we need a FAX machine - fought it for 3 years now, finally caved.

Now here is the question...can you use it?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
Now here is the question...can you use it?
wink.gif

My hat is off to Brother. I've never really messed with any Brother devices other than a label printer. The installation was bone easy. The hook ups and software are all exactly as described and the drivers perfect. The unit itself is rock solid and the printing is very nice and crisp.

FAXing was without hassle - they allow you to FAX the registration in. I manually punched the number in. Then they send a FAX to you. Sweet! I only have one phone line, so the instructions tell you precisely what to do in that case and what do when rarely get FAXes. No problem.

My hat is off to BITOG. I probably would have bought an HP (out of habit) if I hadn't posted here - and ended up cranky!

Oh, you bought a PC-based fax machine? Why, why??? I thought you bought a real honest to god fax machine with no software junk.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Oh, you bought a PC-based fax machine? Why, why??? I thought you bought a real honest to god fax machine with no software junk.

- Vikas

Well they made me an offer I couldn't refuse.....and I ended up happy.

They had an open box on the discount rack - unused....for near the price of a FAX only machine.

OH yeah and the scanning is way better than HP!!!

Hp's are not my fav in printers. Lexmark always got my +1
Glad to know Pablo, that it went easy. Good price + easy install + satisfaction = Wonderful!

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Probably - but dang we have 8 printers already!!

8! ever hear of of printer sharing Pabs? i have 3 computers here and all share one printer very convenient IMO.

Originally Posted By: daman

8! ever hear of of printer sharing Pabs? i have 3 computers here and all share one printer very convenient IMO.

We have two in the shop for very specific label printing. 3 in the house in different areas (laser, copier scanner printer and inkjet) The other 3 are just on the shelf, not in use. And yes we share in the house.

Originally Posted By: daman

We have two in the shop for very specific label printing. 3 in the house in different areas (laser, copier scanner printer and inkjet) The other 3 are just on the shelf, not in use. And yes we share in the house.

Ya that i could see,sharing is nice..one set of ink instead of multiples.

You might actually be surprised how many people want instructions FAXED to them - because get this - they can't look at PDF's on their phones!(they don't have PC's, just order from the web using phones)

Yep - we need a FAX machine - fought it for 3 years now, finally caved.

I know you already bought the Brother...but for future reference. I have been using an online fax service for the last few years and LOVE IT! I decide which faxes get printed, no phone line and added expense needed, I can send pdf's or scanned pages to a fax number, to another computer or to an email address from the control center. As long as you have a scanner, there is no drawback to using an online service vs using an actual fax machine with a dedicated number. And it only costs $10/month for up to 500 pages.

I'll never own another fax machine again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back