favorite summer activities

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, I love sitting out on the porch during thunderstorms, especially at night. It's very relaxing. Especially with these storms we have here tonight, I was out for an hour and a half, and it's still going on now.

I also enjoy just sitting on the back porch (nice to have one now) in the evening with my tablet, on the internet. It's nice to be able to relax.

What sort of activities do you typically enjoy doing in the summer months?

Putting on a singlet and cutting the grass.

Grabbing subway a book and a few beers while the children play in the adventure playground...wearing a singlet.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Love baseball!

Me too! I've been to 14 Blue Jay's baseball games this summer, including one at Yankee Stadium! I'm going to two more games this month too. There is a very slight chance of them getting a wild card spot, although I am not holding my breath, I don't think the Jays will be playing baseball this October. It was a fun season though, lots of great games (including one that went 19 innings, and my wife and I stayed for the entire game!)

Though I live in NY State I am an Orioles Fan.
This summer alone we traveled to:

Tampa vs Yankees
Baltimore vs Yankees
Chicago Cubs vs Orioles
Lots of money for good seats!

We didn't get to Toronto this summer though its usually on our list.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick R
For me, I love sitting out on the porch during thunderstorms, especially at night. It's very relaxing. Especially with these storms we have here tonight, I was out for an hour and a half, and it's still going on now.

I also enjoy just sitting on the back porch (nice to have one now) in the evening with my tablet, on the internet. It's nice to be able to relax.

My wife and I are huge rain fans. We literally run to be in the rain. Neat things happen when your wife loves the rain! I call it "good, clean fun!"

We always go to our river house on the Itchetucknee River and hang out for a few weeks. All the relateds drift in and out as vacation time allows and we have huge kayak groups where we go all the way to the Suwannee. Low country boil and a little libation makes for a fun evening...

Originally Posted By: Nick R

I agree. Stormy nights are awesome! especially really windy ones with no rain but lots of lighting. I love the feel and smell of the air.

Car shows and cooking out. Storms are cool too, but my balcony is not a place to be on when it is raining.

Rolex-Swan-Cup-Caribbean-Racing-Class-A-Photo-by-Rolex-Carlo-Borlenghi-665x442.jpg

Racing, before skiing season starts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back