Favorite option you’ll have to have

Heated Seats

If the vehicle is too large to fit inside a garage, then remote start.
I often forget how lucky wife and are. For at least the last 25 years we have been able to park both vehicles in the garage. Before I retired I could even back my work trucks , full (used to be normal human being size) Ford F150 or my full size Bronco in there. Could not do that with todays giant trucks. But - Talk about make you smile on cold winter or rainy mornings when you must head out at dawn. All our cars lately have had heated seats. Very nice.

Adaptive cruise control. Long highway drives feel half as long with adaptive cruise.
I must not be using mine correct. I hat it. Feels like an anchor is dragging g behind me when I get behind that slow Prius. Especially in the left lane, which is where the slowest of all drivers are in IA and MN.

I do see the point though. The car does speed up if I change lanes without my making it do so.

I must not be using mine correct. I hat it. Feels like an anchor is dragging g behind me when I get behind that slow Prius. Especially in the left lane, which is where the slowest of all drivers are in IA and MN.

I do see the point though. The car does speed up if I change lanes without my making it do so.

That sounds like the system is working as intended.

What is the alternative? Run into the back of the slower car?

I'm not picky, keep vehicles a long time so don't want more things to repair later.

I insist on a windshield (lol), with a photochromatic (self darkening) rearview mirror on it, because of all the ****s with excessively bright, cold color temp headlights. Turn signals and brake lights would be nice, a spare tire, windshield wipers, and a defroster. Some vehicles do cause me to sit further reclined than I like, so in those poorly designed seats, I'd want a tilt to un-recline them, but it wouldn't have to be powered.

That's about it, though I did have an occasion not too long ago, where I had upper back pain to the point where I couldn't bend or turn my head much, and in that period of time, blind spot warning would have helped.

Oh, and it can't have vinyl seats, but it's been about 30 years since I had a car with them.

I was skeptical at purchase, but I really like the Toyota softex / faux leather. It cleans easily but doesn't get blistering hot in the summer like leather. I would certainly look for it again.
I thought Toyota Softex is worst offender in that department? Numerous complaints about heat issues.
I tried Sienna with softex, but it was winter. Agree, it seems really good material to clean.

I will stick to family vehicle.
Must:
Folding mirrors.
Blind spot monitor.

Preferred:
High end audio.
Simple, physical buttons.
That's one reason I didn't order a 2023 M240i; BMW moved some physical buttons to the touchscreen- it makes some items more difficult-if not impossible-to safely adjust while driving.

Lumbar Support. A Sparco seat 💺 is my wishful thinking with a "Motec" exhaust. I'll continue til then to put Borla on everything and write Santa for the seat.

comfort/convenience wise: no question love remote start, and then heated seats....safety: bsm, rcta, and cms..

When it comes to options, what would you have to have in a new vehicle or wish you had on a current vehicle?
For me it’s memory seats/mirrors. My wife maxes out the seat up and in towards the steering wheel and if I don’t look I end up cramming myself into a ball trying to get into the car.
6 speed manual transmission.

Back