Favorite option you’ll have to have

Folding arm rests. But sadly they're not even an option. Console arm rests suck.
Actually liked the setup in my 2018 Z71 - it had upper and lower (lockable) storage - but my daughter liked to ride in the middle between us … (doubt it was that comfortable = her choice) …

Folding arm rests. But sadly they're not even an option. Console arm rests suck.
JH,

Since you are bringing up a option no longer available.

My 1973 El Camino had a super cool option, especially for a kid in high school that didn't understand (or care) about safety. Swivel bucket seats.

740.jpg

I've found on the led headlight in halogen housings that the newer the vehicle the better they work. its the 2000s cars with led retrofits the scatter the light terribly. and the square body z71s, they scatter the light so bad it looks like there isn't hardly any beam coming out, they look like they glow.

JH,

My 1973 El Camino had a super cool option, especially for a kid in high school that didn't understand (or care) about safety. Swivel bucket seats.

View attachment 137075
Oh I remember now, a guy in my town had an El Camino with that option. It was the only one I've ever seen. That would be great for old people with back issues cause I'm starting to take my time getting in and out.

Reactions: GON
^This. Auto stop/start so the engine turns off at a stop light so you experience silence and smoothness. Keyless access with push-button start. Keypad entry (which I only see on Fords). Backup object warning and 360° camera. Sunroof.

Don't understand all the heated seat wanters. If it's cold enough outside, you dress warmly. You can't take a few minutes of driving until the engine puts out heat? And remote start. The car warms up faster if it's driven gently, then if it's idling. Or do people think someone planted a bomb in their car?
Not sure how cold it gets in DC but when you get in a car that's been sitting outside in -30F it takes a long time for heat to come out of the vents, let alone warm your seat. My seat heaters on cloth seats warm up in about 20 seconds.

After reviewing a few posts- cruise control it is. Cruise control has become so popular, I forgot it is option on some vehicles.
+2

I was recently shopping for a new winter beater, and some of the cars I was considering was late-model 5-speed Ford Focuses. I looked at (and rejected) several that lacked cruise and a center armrest, which was too bad because they were low mileage and otherwise perfect. I was surprised to see so many that were so bare-boned.

I've also had a rental or two that lacked cruise.... Hyundais, Mazda 2s I think.

Reactions: GON
One small option I pooh poohed at the time and kicking myself ever since- I don't know what it's called, holds two different body setting in memory so when you get in to move the wife's car hit the button and the seats and mirrors go to your saved setting. What a pain otherwise.

I would really have to have fallen on hard times or be desperate to buy a car without cruise control or air conditioning. Or a rear defroster.

I can happily live without heated seats but I can see how heated mirrors would be very handy.

JH,

View attachment 137075
Those were cool for short distance - but holding your head at 90° for longer trips was painful 😷

^This. Auto stop/start so the engine turns off at a stop light so you experience silence and smoothness. Keyless access with push-button start. Keypad entry (which I only see on Fords). Backup object warning and 360° camera. Sunroof.

Don't understand all the heated seat wanters. If it's cold enough outside, you dress warmly. You can't take a few minutes of driving until the engine puts out heat? And remote start. The car warms up faster if it's driven gently, then if it's idling. Or do people think someone planted a bomb in their car?

That’s it, I‘m never car-pooling with you!

People like what they like. I rarely turn the heat or AC on, but I do use the but warmer. By the time I get into the car, my body is warm. As soon as I sit in the car, that seat sucks the heat right out of that part of my body.

I used to think heated steering wheels were dumb, but having purchased a snow blower with heater handlebars I’m not so sure. I’m actually warmer without gloves blowing snow!

Or a rear defroster.
Good call! I forgot how bad it could be without one.

I used to have an old Nova that lacked AC and rear defroster. It also lacked a passenger-side mirror. On cold rainy days all the windows would fog up and it was about a 270-degree blind spot. Changing lanes was nearly impossible. I had to stop periodically and wipe the fog off the side and back window just so I could see out!

Back