Favorite option you’ll have to have

We have freshened up the fleet mainly to get all the modern safety features - but wished I had the digital rear views that come on the top versions (we tend to buy midway on more expensive vehicles) …
I can switch the screen - but in the mirror position you have muscle memory in your favor … Heads up …

Once you have it all you can't go backwards. I've got 2 without a heated steering wheel for example and one without ventilated seats. Once you have been spoiled it's all over. My Traverse is loaded, 360 cameras, full monty on vented and heated seats, etc. The rest of the fleet is lacking one or another option and its noticeable.

LED headlights and surprisingly push button start. I used to prefer key for the simplicity but not having to pull out a key with big gloves on when its -10 is sure nice.

LED headlights and surprisingly push button start. I used to prefer key for the simplicity but not having to pull out a key with big gloves on when its -10 is sure nice.

I’ll agree to that. My wife’s car has pb start, mine key. In addition, the doors and hatch auto-unlock, as well.

I've never had a car with LED headlights. I'll have to do a comparison to see the difference between what I have now and LEDs. They do sound worthwhile, though.

I've never had a car with LED headlights. I'll have to do a comparison to see the difference between what I have now and LEDs. They do sound worthwhile, though.
I never really cared until I had a car with really good headlights. They are so crisp and project really far compared to old halogens. Really helpful here in the winter since it's dark at 4pm.

I never really cared until I had a car with really good headlights. They are so crisp and project really far compared to old halogens. Really helpful here in the winter since it's dark at 4pm.
I've heard people complain about glare or blinding from oncoming cars with LED lights. Any thoughts on that? Is it possible to just replace a halogen bulb with an LED bulb or is there more to it than that, such as adapters, special lenses, or whatever?

My gut when I read the title to this discussion was heated seats.

After reviewing a few posts- cruise control it is. Cruise control has become so popular, I forgot it is option on some vehicles.

In 2011 when we went to buy our last new car, I said must have direct injection and HID headlamps. Looking back, that was foolish. I wonder if things we specify today, will be foolish 12 years from now?

Looking at our cars and features they have that were not must haves, I would want rain sensing wipers.

2 features that are must haves would be fixed calipers front and rear, and a instrument cluster that is really a screen, but dial gauges. The fixed calipers likely eliminates 95% of the vehicles on the road, to include BMW and Mercedes lol

Autostart.
^This. Auto stop/start so the engine turns off at a stop light so you experience silence and smoothness. Keyless access with push-button start. Keypad entry (which I only see on Fords). Backup object warning and 360° camera. Sunroof.

Don't understand all the heated seat wanters. If it's cold enough outside, you dress warmly. You can't take a few minutes of driving until the engine puts out heat? And remote start. The car warms up faster if it's driven gently, then if it's idling. Or do people think someone planted a bomb in their car?

My gut when I read the title to this discussion was heated seats.

After reviewing a few posts- cruise control it is. Cruise control has become so popular, I forgot it is option on some vehicles.
It never occurred to me that it, and A/C, power steering and brakes, and power windows (well, maybe power windows) were options. I thought they were standard on all cars by now.

Reactions: GON
What's interesting is when the desired options have little to do with driving a vehicle, and more interesting when they are detrimental to driving a in general.

I've heard people complain about glare or blinding from oncoming cars with LED lights. Any thoughts on that? Is it possible to just replace a halogen bulb with an LED bulb or is there more to it than that, such as adapters, special lenses, or whatever?
I've tried to put LED bulbs in 2 different cars that originally had halogens. I think you really need a housing designed for an LED bulb to get max performance. The halogen reflector housing doesn't seem to allow for the crisp/clean light cut off from a properly designed LED housing. But I'm not a lighting expert by any means.

Back