Favorite hot sauce???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just made some buffalo wings this morning using a number of different sauces:
Frank's Red Hot
Tuong ot Sriracha
Trappey's Louisiana Hot Sauce
Tabasco (Original)

I had two of each and they were all good, but I'm not so sure that the Sriracha is a very good choice for wings. It's good stuff, but doesn't go well baked in with a buffalo flavor.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Chalula without question. Put that on some home made spanish rice............arghhuuuuuuummmm (Homer Simpson gorging sound
grin.gif
)

Frank's "Red Hot" Cayenne Pepper hot sauce is mighty good as well.

A few months ago, I made chicken and sausage (Kransky, no Andouille here) gumbo for a Sunday dinner, and it was a hit with the children. Made it nearly every fortnight since...

Last Sunday, realised that we had no tobasco, and went down the street to find some...and saw Frank's Red Hot Original cayenne at a per ml price better than the tabasco that I went looking for...which stirred memories of this thread.

I'm loving it !!!

I find that the Franks Xtra Hot and the Texas Pete Hotter Hot are the standard hot sauces in their line. Their original varieties are mild versions to me.

This has been my favorite for a while now. As hot as a raw thai chili pepper with lots of minced garlic.

Batch37.jpg

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Chalula without question. Put that on some home made spanish rice............arghhuuuuuuummmm (Homer Simpson gorging sound
grin.gif
)

Frank's "Red Hot" Cayenne Pepper hot sauce is mighty good as well.

A few months ago, I made chicken and sausage (Kransky, no Andouille here) gumbo for a Sunday dinner, and it was a hit with the children. Made it nearly every fortnight since...

Last Sunday, realised that we had no tobasco, and went down the street to find some...and saw Frank's Red Hot Original cayenne at a per ml price better than the tabasco that I went looking for...which stirred memories of this thread.

I'm loving it !!!

Glad you like it! It's the best hot sauce for chicken wings as well, IMHO. I like it better than Tabasco because it doesn't have quite so much vinegar.

This is a mightly old thread to be resurrected....but my favorite is Crystal. Plenty of good pepper flavor without being too hot. Never tried the really exotic ones mentioned here.

Originally Posted By: Maximus1966
This is a mightly old thread to be resurrected....but my favorite is Crystal. Plenty of good pepper flavor without being too hot. Never tried the really exotic ones mentioned here.
Yep, good old Crystal. Less than $2.50 for 3 bottles at Sams.

A couple of years ago I found Gator Hammock Gator Sauce in Whole Foods in Tampa Fl.
Liked it so much I brought two bottles back to work to share with the crew. We order it by the case a couple times a year now.

Tobasco used to be my go to. Recently a local guy started making his own line called D.a.T. Sauce. I bought a few bottles and the family liked it, I like it. I brought some to work and everyone there likes it. Its still hard to find yet but is available local to me.

Last edited:
Just made and canned a batch of my own today - serrano peppers, garlic, vinegar, lime juice, salt, sugar, and cumin. I'll do another hotter batch next month when my tabasco peppers ripen.

Tom NJ

Cholula for Tex-mex and Siracha for everything else. I even put Siracha on salad

Not really that hot but great flavor for me, Cholula. Many food I pick/eat are based on the ability to put some drops of it and make it taste much better with Cholula.

I like Louisiana, Crystals, Franks Red Hot, but also Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Pepper Sauce. Has a really good flavor. A bit sweeter than the others.

Sambal Oelek ground chili paste from hoy fung. It's Sriracha's thick brother with plenty of seeds. Soups/salads/sandwiches/eggs it goes with all. Tried the Garlic version once but wasn't a big fan.

I just put a tsp of Whoop-A(censored) hickory on my empanada with white rice and green olives. My lady boss gave it too me for a winter holiday. Not bad taste at all for a "gimmick" product. Like it better than franks or tabasco or maybe even valentina black - though I dont have any for a side by side.
Valentina-Hot-Sauce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back