Hot pepper/pepper sauces

Call me boring, but I prefer cayenne based Louisiana style hot sauce. If all you can taste is the heat, you might as well be eating a Kotex.

Even though I was touting the screaming hot Asian sauce, I do enjoy milder sauce including green jalapeno sauces. Same thing with Thai tood, usually order hot but not Thai hot. Too much can just destroy underlying flavors. I remember reading that the Vietnamese based Rooster Sriracha wasn't popular in Thailand because it was too hot.

Even though I was touting the screaming hot Asian sauce, I do enjoy milder sauce including green jalapeno sauces. Same thing with Thai tood, usually order hot but not Thai hot. Too much can just destroy underlying flavors. I remember reading that the Vietnamese based Rooster Sriracha wasn't popular in Thailand because it was too hot.
Interesting. Because I find Huy Fong(AKA Rooster) to be somewhat mild but not lacking in garlic. Its made with jalapeños...hot for sure but far from the hottest.

Right now at home I have the tradition Tabasco, Louisiana habanero hot sauce and Blair's Beyond Death Hot Sauce.

That last one is definitely on the warm side.

This has been a very good (hot) year for my chili peppers. We received virtually no rain from July to now, I did water them but it is not the same as rain. We have even been having humidity down to the mid 20% range, in SW Missouri, this is unheard of. In all, perfect pepper growing weather. This year they are HOT with a very nice flavor, left to turn red they have a nice sugar content too. One seeded and chipped very fine in a pot of chili makes my GF complain. Then I divide it in half and MY half gets 2 more, with seeds. One whole one with some garlic cloves in a jar of dill or bread and butter pickles makes them perfect for hamburgers or just eating. The plants are loaded, absolutely loaded. I took a few to my favorite Mexican restaurant, and they made salsa out of them, they asked for more. They can not sell it, stupid laws, but they enjoyed it.

Rod

Back