Favorite Cheap-o Beer/Lager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I go for OM Light. Strohs is pretty darn good too for the price. (Strohs brews OM if I am not mistaken). I have given friends who swear by Bud Light 2 glasses, 1 of OM and 1 of Bud Light. Wouldn't you know that about half of them have liked the OM just as much. Also, Bud and Miller put so much advertising into their beers (especially the light ones) it drives the price way up.

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:

quote:

Originally posted by skate1968:
When i'm on a budget i'll get a case of Miller or Black Label. I just bought a case of original Coors.

I think Heinekin is slightly overmarketed/overpriced. I think Becks is better and Pauli girl is as good.

If you haven't tried Heinekin in the can, try it. It's much better than the bottled stuff.

spaz.gif
the stuff out of the 24oz bottle is the best. my friends and I swear that it's stronger and tastes better than the 12oz bottles. now the keg cans are just plain nasty.
and imho beck > st. pauli's

quote:

Originally posted by gtx510:

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:

quote:

Originally posted by skate1968:
When i'm on a budget i'll get a case of Miller or Black Label. I just bought a case of original Coors.

I think Heinekin is slightly overmarketed/overpriced. I think Becks is better and Pauli girl is as good.

If you haven't tried Heinekin in the can, try it. It's much better than the bottled stuff.

spaz.gif
the stuff out of the 24oz bottle is the best. my friends and I swear that it's stronger and tastes better than the 12oz bottles. now the keg cans are just plain nasty.
and imho beck > st. pauli's

IMO, the stuff in the keg cans is just plain good. You must like that skunky taste from the bottles.

actually I do like the skunky taste better than the "I just sucked on an anodized coat hanger"/alkaline of the cans.
I'm just not a can person, nor are my friends.
what you don't like skunk #1?

Quote:

Blue Moon is $10 for 6 bottles. Do you mean Sunset Wheat from LinenKugels?

They have it on tap at a local bar. $1.50 for 16 oz.

Also another local bar that I frequent has (Mon-Thurs)
Amber Bock, Killians, Widmer Brother(hefe weizen)on tap and they serve $1 per 16 oz glass or $3 per pitcher.

On wednesdays they have live blue grass and I'm in Heaven. Hahaha.

As far as 6 packs to take home. I like Ice House, and southpaw light. Will also do just about any of the cheap domestics except Bud's. I do like Busch Beers though.

My favorite "lawnmower" el cheapo light beer will ALWAYS be Michelob, especially the Ultra amber. Seems to have the highest alcohol content of light beers per my "testing" and it's sits well on the taste buds. I can drink a 12 pack of Miller light, Bud light, or Coors light and hardly even get "relaxed" shall we say. (admit it, do you like tasty non alcoholic beer?)

Anyone ever have Mcewan's Scotch Ale? 9% ABV! Wow; a 6 pack of those will put ya in a good mood. And it's flavorful as heck.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back