Favorite Cheap-o Beer/Lager

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the ballgame, I stick with Miller Lite in a bottle. I get headaches from the tap beer they serve...I don't think they clean the lines very often.

I like Pacifico for my "cheap" home beer. My latina girl dresses them up with salt, a little lime juice, and some Tapatio hot sauce. Sounds sorta gross as I type it, but I swear it tastes great!

quote:

Originally posted by wavinwayne:

quote:

Originally posted by Indy500:
."Best G.D. Beer"

nono.gif
Such language is neither necessary nor allowed here.

OK mom.

I don't have one. It is better to drink a smaller number of good beers than a large number of cheap ones. Also, I try to avoid beers that the brewers choose to closely associate with dogs and horses.

Whoever mentioned Shiner Bock....My Dad has me hooked on that stuff! Maybe too much bite for someone who hasn't drank a lot of beer, but it is the best tasting beer IMO. Just the right amount of bitterness/bight and a really beastly flavorful taste.
cheers.gif

Shiner is good, I get that when down in TX.

Personally, I enjoy yuenling (sp?) Lager.

Bud light is good if I want something light... there isnt too much to it, but I like the taste.

I really dig the Post Road Pumpkin Ale... I still have some left over from last year, and it is oh so tasty.

I agree with K1xv... though sometimes drinking 40s or super cheap beer with friends can be fun!

JMH

I don't need an excuse to take up smoking.

Life is too short for cheap beer (and I'm getting old and grumpy). Becks is my choice; it does not give me hangovers.

Rolling Rock is my favorite. Although I am boycotting them after July 31 when production leaves PA. Yeugling will be my beer of choice at that point.

theyre leaving Latrobe or wherever its made???

Where is it moving to?

In college we 'supposedly' had rolling rock in our kegs, and I never liked it much... but from bottles it was always good. its a shame its being made elsewhere.

JMH

Budweiser is selling them out. They're moving production to one of their(Bud's) plants in New Jersey... JHZR2, a 'new' local brew for you.

Back in the college days i used to drink nothing but Milwaukee's best ice. It was cheap and 5.9% alcohol. Nowdays i drink Michelob golden light and Captain Morgan cokes.

Next run to the liqour store i am going to pick up some Leinenkugel's. I have heard they are good.

As far as for my taste and budget, I almost always buy and prefer Miller Lite and Coors Lite.

The new Coors lite with the blue frost liner is absolutely the best lite beer I have ever had.

If I am pinching pennies, I usually buy Miller High Life Lite. IMO, its more on the end of Bud LIght, but after the first one or two it doesn't really matter. Just get it real real cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back