Favorite cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GrainShop High Fibre Crisp
Ingredients:
Whole Wheat, Corn Meal, Rolled Oats, Brown Sugar, Crisp Rice (Rice, Sugar, Salt, Malt Extract, Corn Syrup), Wheat Bran, Corn Bran, Sugar, Malt Extract, Oat Bran, Salt, Glucose-Fructose, Baking Soda, Annatto, Mono and Diglycerides.

Vitamins and Minerals:
Ferric Orthophosphate, Niacinamide, Thiamine Hydrochloride, Calcium-D Pantothenate, Iron, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid.

BHT added to package material to help maintain freshness.

Allergy Information:
Contains wheat. No peanut ingredients used in this facility. Made on equipment that also manufactures products containing soy, milk, almonds and hazlenuts.

Nutrition Facts
Per 1/2 cup (30g)

Amount % Daily Value
Calories 120
Fat 0.5g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g 0%
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 110mg 5%
Potassium 115mg 3%
Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Fibre 4g 16%
Sugars 5g
Protein 3g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 30%
Vitamin D 0%
Thiamine 45%
Riboflavin 0%
Niacin 6%
Vitamin B6 10%
Folate 8%
Vitamin B12 0%
Pantothenate 6%
Phosphorus 8%
Magnesium 15%
Zinc 8%

Its made just down the road from me and tastes good too!
Goes for $2.50/lb which is pretty good for cereal these days.
I have it with freshly squeezed goat milk(after its chilled in the fridge)

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
oats are a grain. when you add a bunch of garbage and process the snot out of it, then it becomes cereal, see instant flavored [censored] for an example.

I agree. Oatmeal has one ingredient : Oats.

Another thing about cereal that's not good is that it's high in Acrylamide, a carcinogen that's formed when a starchy food like grains, potatoes, etc., are baked or fried. Cereal might taste good, be convenient, etc., but as far as healthy in concerned, cereal leaves a lot to be desired. It's over processed junk food IMHO.

I'd rather buy organic oat bran or oatmeal and add organic Thompson raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter or coconut oil, and whole organic preferably raw milk. Beats the heck out of boxed cereal IMHO.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Total or WalMart generic Bran Flakes. Cereal w/o the sugar but with lotsa vitamins.

When I get a sweet tooth, the WalMart generic large plastic bag cereal of cocoa-rice is really good.

They add vitamins because the grain they started out with was largely devoid of nutrients in the first place because the ground it was grown on has been over farmed.

It's like Dracula sucking your blood and then giving you a transfusion.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
oats are a grain. when you add a bunch of garbage and process the snot out of it, then it becomes cereal, see instant flavored [censored] for an example.

I agree. Oatmeal has one ingredient : Oats.

Another thing about cereal that's not good is that it's high in Acrylamide, a carcinogen that's formed when a starchy food like grains, potatoes, etc., are baked or fried. Cereal might taste good, be convenient, etc., but as far as healthy in concerned, cereal leaves a lot to be desired. It's over processed junk food IMHO.

I'd rather buy organic oat bran or oatmeal and add organic Thompson raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter or coconut oil, and whole organic preferably raw milk. Beats the heck out of boxed cereal IMHO.

My wife agrees with you too, she is an oatmeal only breakfast person... I just don't like oatmeal that much, I guess I should try it for a month and then I'll probably think its great.

Usually some overpriced box bought as a splurge. Nature's Path offerings are often dissapointing. Pomogran Plus w/cherries. Tiny box, two tiny cherry bits. Tastes like old cardboard. the Hemp one is good.

Go-Lean is made with extra fert juice. Tastes OK, but man clear the house out.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

My wife agrees with you too, she is an oatmeal only breakfast person... I just don't like oatmeal that much, I guess I should try it for a month and then I'll probably think its great.

You can also add sunflower seeds, walnuts, dates, etc.

You might also like millet which is also a whole grain with a lot of minerals, etc.

I like the Kashi cereals. All of them but my favorite is the one with the blueberries. I still jones for a bowl of Loops though. And Frosted Flakes with a nanner cut up in it with whole milk. As Rachael Ray would say .....YUMMOOOO.

I find eating about 4 times the "recommended" amount gets me to lunch anyways! For an all day breakfast I'll have my Quebec Lumberjack special, make french toast mix with 4 eggs and keep soaking chunks of bread until the mix is gone... A few slices of bacon and you can split firewood until 2 in the afternoon...

Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal with Oat Bran and Silk soy milk
20.gif

I like the big plain shredded wheat biscuits. I put a little honey and maybe some fruit on it, and I'm a happy camper. My Polish Grandmother used to call it "hay."

For years the "classic" Total Whole Grain wheat cereal was my favorite.

Then last Fall I tried each of Total's new flavored cereals, and now this is my favorite:

Total.png

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
No male should be eating anything with soy in it, unless you want female hormones!

But I love the "Scratchi" flax with almonds!

Still in grade school or do you have doubts of your masculinity
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back