Fake Mobil1 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Rollins
The first code denotes only the manuf.site the year and the month . The exact date is next to it, october22 . Some of the other codes is the Batch (Filling) code.
Labels and markings differ. Quality of print too ...Packaging varies (Serviburnu Blending site used Turkish made 20l. canisters...almost identical to the ones coming from Gravenchon that had some Germanic manuf.name). Labels of products coming from Vado-Ligure used to had the sloppiest print for some time(2008-2010). The product labels on the Russian market are different from those for the Balkans...the German labels on "syn" oils are totally different due to local legislation etc...
Heh Mann oil and fuel filters have always had the most horrible packaging and print...

You seem well informed and into the stuff. But are you actually telling me that a product could originate from Gravenchon (the oil) but could be packed in Serviburnu? Because I am a little puzzled now: The barcode starts with 542 (Belgium/Luxembourg), the code on the bottom starts with G (Gravenchon) but the main language on the label is Turkish (just take a look at the second picture that I attached). From what I understand it is conceivable that the oil was made in France but packed in Turkey. Or maybe produced and packed in Turkey. Since I live in the Balkans, the geographical proximity to Turkey makes that possibility even higher. All I care is the originality of the product. Are my assumptions correct?

Nevermind the barcode, it is irrelevant to the COO.
The fist code denotes the Country of origin (the blending plant that packed the oil,in your case-France.The oil was blended and packed at Gravenchon plant).
Nevermind the order of languages of the user info labels,that is of no importance.If you bought it locally and it had been imported by the official importer/trade partner it should have instructions in the local language and active user phone #..
Turkish blended oils (at least 20l. canisters) clearly said "Made in Turkey".
I do not remember clearly but I think some of F-V coded packages said "Italy".But that was more than eight years ago...
Other might just say "EU". Or nothing.
Motor oils come from G,N,F-V and S locations. I am not sure whether Serviburnu is still operable or products from there are still imported to SE Europe(they were available to ex-USSR from what I've seen online...and Turkey is a big market itself...). Serviburnu site near Istanbul is a blending plant and at some point was the most "modern" one of all European ones (acc. to Exxon-Mobil..the expression they used was "state-of -the-art plant").
OEM fluids supplied by Exxon-Mobil have the same pattern of code markings (Peugeot-Citroen; Volvo;Caterpillar etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back