F250 7.3 Gasser Oil Dilemma

Old Alaskan goats like driving pickup trucks -- especially larger 3/4 and 1-ton quad-cab trucks -- for one overarching reason:
The driver and other occupants in these larger vehicles tend to survive and walk away from collisions with smaller cars, CUVs and SUVs. I've twice seen swiping head-on collisions along the Seward Hwy between Anchorage and Seward, Alaska. I saw the afermath of large Ford and Chevy 1-tons rolling up and over compact cars. The trucks remained intact and upright. The truck passengers were essentially fine, while the compact car drivers were killed. IMHO, vehicle mass and stance were and are EVERYTHING.

I'm happy to drive my 1/2-ton quad-cab Silverado around most of the time. I feel relatively safe. :)

Another IMHO: I wouldn't own a new 3/4 or 1-ton and new 10-speed transmission without the minimum 3.73 RE. In fact, it's the standard ratio today. Actually with that new transmission, I'd opt for the 4.3 ratio RE, for its towing capability. Why wouldn't a HD truck owner not want the capabilities it was designed for... that new 10-speed has THREE overdrive gears that will most definitely deliver highway speeds without overly maxing RPMs! :)

So it's perfectly ok to kill or maim other folks as long as the large vehicle operator is safe. Rationale - they should have had an F350.

Good thing I just got a full size SUV to protect my family from inattentive large vehicle drivers. *rolleyes*

We’re kind of deep in the thread but one question, what’s the benefit of having Ford doing the oil changes over yourself? These have to be pretty easy to change the oil on and I can’t fathom you’re getting a much better deal than just changing it yourself with a high quality FS and a good filter.

So it's perfectly ok to kill or maim other folks as long as the large vehicle operator is safe. Rationale - they should have had an F350.

Good thing I just got a full size SUV to protect my family from inattentive large vehicle drivers. *rolleyes*
It is what it is...

The venerable Suburban is called the Alaskan Cadillac!

Best!

Back