F150 vs Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the market for a pickup, and have narrowed it down to these two; both are great choices IMO but wanted to hear opinions from some knowledgeable folks here.

For those that might suggest other makes or models, I'm 6'4" and my wife is 6'1"; we simply don't fit into midsized trucks; the full size Dodge and Chevy/GMC don't have enough headroom, and Nissan's ergonomics aren't comfortable for either of us.

All that said, any information is welcome, and thanks in advance.

Last edited:
F-150 with the Ecoboost V6. If you don't like the RAM, I'd have to say it's probably the best fullsize truck on the market. Loads of torque and power, welcoming interior and decent ride.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
F-150 with the Ecoboost V6. If you don't like the RAM, I'd have to say it's probably the best fullsize truck on the market. Loads of torque and power, welcoming interior and decent ride.

I've owned many Mopars, and if the Ram had the headroom that's where we'd be. Thanks.

the Ford trucks are nice to look at! I don't know how they are to work on or reliability but they are good looking trucks. How about GMC or Chevrolet? I know about those.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: Nick R

I've owned many Mopars, and if the Ram had the headroom that's where we'd be. Thanks.

Yup. The RAM would be my first pick, but the F-150 is great too. If you are going to get one, like I said get the Ecoboost. Better fuel economy and towing capability than the 5.0L. If you want to make lots of noise, get the 5.0L. I like the gauge cluster on the F-150 too.

Originally Posted By: jkhawaii
the Ford trucks are nice to look at! I don't know how they are to work on or reliability but they are good looking trucks. How about GMC or Chevrolet? I know about those.

As stated, unfortunately neither GMC nor Chevy have enough headroom.

Last edited:
Im 6ft4 and would never inagine headroom being an issue in my FILs F150. Heck, I can sit perfectly upright in my S-10 regular cab.

I'd go ford without a doubt. The Toyota trucks never held up to hauling in our severe use profile the way fords have been.

F150 all the way around.
thumbsup2.gif

The F150 will get better fuel economy than the tundra. There is really not a mpg difference between the ecoboost and 5.0l. In town the eco wins, on hwy in perfect comditions the eco wins but realistically, they get the same on the highway. Of course depends on your setup. Mine has C tires, 3:73, and off road package one of the worst for mpg. I didnt get that good of mileage at first but Right now my summer average on my ecoboost is 17.9, all interstate and in town, 60/40. The 5.0 is a great engine if your one of those afraid of a turbo DI engine but the ecoboost is a heck of a lot of fun to drive! There is also a premium for the Eco that could buy a lot of gas for the 5.0. My uoa show that fuel dilution has been there but not a problem for the engine.

FYI running E0 makes a big difference in the ecoboost...

Last edited:
When it comes to trucks FORD is who you wanna be riding in! My buddy showed me his F-350 today at the gas station with 285,000 hard tree cutting towing hauling business miles on it! Built Ford Tough is not just a slogan!

Originally Posted By: volk06
And if you aren't worried about mpg and have the money, the 6.2L is a beast!

The EcoBoost does 9/10ths of what the 6.2 does and gets mpg closer to the 5.0.

I've driven a couple of Tundras and....
21.gif
meh. They are kinda' funny looking to me and seem to be big for the sake of being big. It didn't do anything for me. I genuinely liked the older 7/8ths size Tundra. I'm 6'3" and I fit in it just fine. It was easier to park and manuever and if you need more towing or carrying capacity, you probably needed a 3/4 ton anyway. Then again, I also liked the Dakota. Especially the 2000-2004 crew cab models which were really good looking to my eyes. If they got significantly better mpg than a Ram, I would probably have bought one. But they don't. I had one for a day when I was shopping cars. I liked everything about it except the mpg

i agree no union labor is best so tundra but me personally i would get the ram. if you cannot fit well you need to adjust the sest or something they are pretty big

the Tundra was up there for thew first few years of its redesign, but it is now outclassed by the F-150. Unless toyota picks up its game the Tundra will remain the third or forth choice. Nissan? Ancient Technology best left buried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back