F-150 buying advice.

I don’t know if it’s the same for the 150 trucks, but my FIL has a fleet of super duty F-250 trucks and they all have bed mount issues.

I am also in the same market kind of. If your dad is like mine was.. V6 isnt the same as V8.. no matter what you say.

So unless he tows over 2 tons regularly the 3.7 is a better choice. I think there is a 60hp difference.

For my needs, the 3.7 has more power than my 20 year old 5.3 chevy that does all that i need it to do. So thats the way i will go..

With that being said, your dad deserves whatever he wants.. If the truck makes him happy go with it no matter the brand.

Regardless its a very tough market to get a good deal on a good used truck.. if you see a good deal you should jump on it.. if you dont like it you can sell it on a more open market and make a profit.

a 2014 is going to be a 5.0.

In the current market 19 for a 2014 f150 is a good deal, but how good depends on the Trim. Not much to go on in the OP.

The truck greg pictured is appears to be an XLT which is a mid trim.

A ton of STX were sold which is an XL with some amenities.

Lot of fleet XL's too, but if it dent have steel wheels it probably isn't that.
They did have the 6.2L those years too. If I was going V8 I would try to find one of them

No, the 6.2 was available in 2011-2014 F150's. Not common at all, but it was an option.
Yup. 411hp and 434 ft-lbs of torque. Its a burly motor.

Also, it came with the max-tow package by default so it had the higher 7700 lb GVWR and 4050 lb axle ratings. Max tow was not available on the 5.0 so its payload was not as good.

That may be, but good luck finding one. I don't know if I have ever seen one in anything but a SuperDuty.
I have seen one.

It was only in the king ranch and lariat (and Raptor of course) unless it was available on some sort of special fleet order no low level trucks and even on the high range trucks it was an option. I thought it only lasted a year or two though, i would not swear it was or was not available in 2014 but i incline toward not.

2011: Harley Davidson and Raptors (Standard), Availible on Lariats and Platinums with Max Trailer Tow
2012: Same
2013: Raptor (Standard) Available on XLT, FX2 or FX4, Lariats, and Platinums
2014: Same

King Ranch never offered the 6.2 - only the ecoboost engine.

Its a truck? I had one and I got about 18-19 on a long trip. My 2019 gets about 22 on a long trip. I don't think that is bad mileage for a truck.
Exactly...I'm already likely over the payload capacity of my 2005 Silverado 1500....gas prices aren't going to make me switch to mini truck that would be downright dangerous with the weight I carry every day.
Not having a truck payment also helps a lot with being able to afford a lot of gas.

I have seen one.

It was only in the king ranch and lariat (and Raptor of course) unless it was available on some sort of special fleet order no low level trucks and even on the high range trucks it was an option. I thought it only lasted a year or two though, i would not swear it was or was not available in 2014 but i incline toward not.
It was available in 2014. Its in the towing guides and the spec sheets.

After owning a F-150 my advice is to get a Toyota
These vague one liners crack me up.

"after eating the bran, I'd suggest the tacos"
"after buying Guess, I'd suggest Lulu Lemon"
"After drinking the Guinness, I'd suggest Bud Light"
"After plugging the toilet, I'd suggest the fibre"
"After shooting the .308, I'd suggest the .223"

The paint alone is enough to make me abandon Fords. If it’s a short term ownership plan, that’s different.
The paint on my parent's 2000 Expedition (white) is holding up surprisingly well, but of course we are in Canada where the sun is a bit less intense. The black on our 2002 Expedition held up very well too. Heck, even the paint on my old '89 Town Car was very good.

2011: Harley Davidson and Raptors (Standard), Availible on Lariats and Platinums with Max Trailer Tow
2012: Same
2013: Raptor (Standard) Available on XLT, FX2 or FX4, Lariats, and Platinums
2014: Same

King Ranch never offered the 6.2 - only the ecoboost engine.

Pretty sure the one I saw was a King Ranch, Copper over Gold it was in TX and probably in 2012. It actually cued me to go look at Ford.com at the time. Maybe the guy put King Ranch emblems on it, but that is the only 6.2 non Raptor I've seen and I've seen a lot of them. Not that it matters for the discussion at hand.

I have never seen one for sale, i would bet the numbers built are tiny and the chances of him finding one for sale are about the same as having an oil related engine failure. The chances of him finding a "Clean one" for 19000 with about 100,000 are non-existent. So I stand by my original statement that it is going to be a 5.0.

Its a truck? I had one and I got about 18-19 on a long trip. My 2019 gets about 22 on a long trip. I don't think that is bad mileage for a truck.
That's fine but most people use theirs as daily drivers with just themselves inside. Then it's more like 14-15 mpg around town on a good day.

Back