ExxonMobil CEO defends high profits

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=5574568&page=1

Makes sense to me.

Quote:
I saw someone characterize our profits the other day in terms of $1,400 in profit per second. Well, they also need to understand we paid $4,000 a second in taxes, and we spent $15,000 a second in cost," Tillerson told ABC News' Charles Gibson. "We spend $1 billion a day just running our business. So this is a business where large numbers are just characteristic of it."

Quote:
But Tillerson added that energy independence is "not realistic for the United States or almost any other country."

"I'm not sure that it's even desirable for the United States to pursue that as a goal," he said. "Our country's economy is so interdependent with the rest of the world in so many areas of, not just commodities, but capital markets. ... So I'm not sure why we would view energy any differently than the way we view the rest of our economy."

Quote:
"We can't drill our way out of this problem, just like we can't conserve our way out of this problem, just like we can't alternative fuels our way out of this problem," he said. "There is no one solution to this; there's an integrative set of solutions. And you have to undertake them all. So when the whole debate focuses around we have to choose this one solution or that, people are missing the point."

Yep; goes right along with his $21.7 million pay package. Glad he's out their looking out for us little people.

Governments make more money from oil than the oil companies. Exxon Mobil paid the highest corporate tax bill last year ever. Somewhere in the order of $35 billion.

Make this man president, elect him to the senate... something. Maybe our economy wouldn't be in shambles if we had anyone who understands economic principles.

Last edited:
aybe that is why I saw a whole shelf of Delo and no Delvac when I filled up in Wenatchee at the local Exxon.
33.gif

Originally Posted By: astraelraen
Make this man president, elect him to the senate... something. Maybe our economy wouldn't be in shambles if we had anyone who understands economic principles.

+1.
Compare what this guy is saying to ANY politician and it is like night and day.

Originally Posted By: astraelraen

We did something similar back then. GWB was from Texaco wasn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back