2014 Chrysler T&C suspected oil cooler leaking

Wow! Can you advise Dorman to stop sucking at life on 99.8% of the parts they sell??

I feel like they don't much listen to said council??? It would be nice if they did!!
Actually they do. Dorman does take constructive criticism to heart. The people in charge know they have issues and are making one hell of an investment in changing that.

I replaced mine with an OE Mopar some years back. So far so good with 45K miles on it. I pressure tested the old unit and it was sound...so seals were the problem. I already had the new part with seals and on it went. New spark plugs all the way around and all new seals/gaskets for the plenums. Fast forward to a couple days ago. Oil puddle and evidence of some older drips...OH NO! Not again! Used a mirror/borescope and flashlight to inspect, not the cooler, knock on wood. The transmission cooler lines are covered in oil. I ordered a new set which are showing up today. I will go ahead and replace these tomorrow and will drain the fluid, drop the pan and change the filter and gasket. A little premature with only 45K miles on the Rd Line C+ and Wix filter, but It will already be on the lift.
Going back in with new Wix filter/gasket again and Mopar OE ATF4+ this time.

Last edited:
I replaced mine with an OE Mopar some years back. So far so good with 45K miles on it. I pressure tested the old unit and it was sound...so seals were the problem. I already had the new part with seals and on it went. New spark plugs all the way around and all new seals/gaskets for the plenums. Fast forward to a couple days ago. Oil puddle and evidence of some older drips...OH NO! Not again! Used a mirror/borescope and flashlight to inspect, not the cooler, knock on wood. The transmission cooler lines are covered in oil. I ordered a new set which are showing up today. I will go ahead and replace these tomorrow and will drain the fluid, drop the pan and change the filter and gasket. A little premature with only 45K miles on the Rd Line C+ and Wix filter, but It will already be on the lift.
Going back in with new Wix filter/gasket again and Mopar OE ATF4+ this time.
Just showed up.
20240322_182732_resized.jpg

Other than an annoying drip on the driveway, are there any additional risks associated with just leaving it be?
Well, maybe not, but a lot of oil pools in that valley before spilling out the back and being noticeable. So, you're likely driving around with a mini swimming pool of oil on top of your motor.

Further, you don't know the exact mode of failure. There are also plugs which can leak....and IIRC they're bonded/glued, not threaded. I hope BITOG will check me on that. So, if a glued plug is leaking that could potentially blow out or worsen at any time.

I'd need to go back and watch the excellent vid by MCM (Motor City Mechanic) to refresh my memory on all these specifics....but right now I need to keep other information in my brain and can't risk pushing it out with new info (like Kelly Bundy)

Well, maybe not, but a lot of oil pools in that valley before spilling out the back and being noticeable. So, you're likely driving around with a mini swimming pool of oil on top of your motor.

Further, you don't know the exact mode of failure. There are also plugs which can leak....and IIRC they're bonded/glued, not threaded. I hope BITOG will check me on that. So, if a glued plug is leaking that could potentially blow out or worsen at any time.

I'd need to go back and watch the excellent vid by MCM (Motor City Mechanic) to refresh my memory on all these specifics....but right now I need to keep other information in my brain and can't risk pushing it out with new info (like Kelly Bundy)
Okay, thanks. I looked at one yesterday that was pooling at the base of the filter assembly for a colleague; it seems to be a very slow leak.

Back