Explosion on Gulf Drill Rig Transocean/BP Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deepwater-Horizon2.207x250.jpg

don't be surprised to see :tree huggers/whale savers raising cain about this.
the price of gas go up -- the excuse being that "supply was interrupted." _______, if they take advantage of a disaster.
a prayer is in order for the injured and missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Panzerman
I will personally do bodily harm to the first enviromentalist that says see what happens to oil rigs on the coast.

It is unfortunate these poor fellows are injured or killed in the line of work, and that we should think about their contribution and risk taking every time we drive, turn on the stove, take a shower, or turn on the heater at home, that without these sacrifice our live won't be this good.

However, like Shannow said, this is not surprising that off shore oil rig will have accident, and it is a matter sooner or later, and it will have oil spill and contamination, environmental hazard to be clean up, lives loss, etc. Being emotional about it doesn't change this FACT, regardless of how significant or insignificant you view them.

Actually, Panda, that wasn't my point.

I was asking why any do-gooder would cast disparaging comments on such an incident...particularly comments that would raise the risk of bodily harm from Panzer.

Well, accidents happen on oil rigs whether they're offshore or not, it just happens. Refineries too. Hazardous places to work.
I doubt anybody's really worried about Panzer beating up on them, I'm certainly not.

Fires out. A life capsule was found and brought to shore in Port Fourchon, empty. It is now suspected that the 11 missing was close to the blast and may still be on sunken platform.

(as said by McCoy as Spock pondered how he would make "a guess" on the return temporal course around the sun since somethings were no longer a constant)

Naturally
55.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back