Experience with Dupont Multi Lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Kimber had some corrosion going on in the aluminum so I disassembled it completely, including the trigger assembly, firing pin, etc., cleaned it, and reassembled using Dupont Multi Lube. The wax coating didn't seem to build up, and the operation is smooth and not sticky. Although I haven't gone to the range to test it yet, I anticipate I will have flawless operation. Seems to me the Multi Lube or Amsoil MP (if they're the same) should provide great lubrication (moly) and protection (wax and corrosion inhibitors). Last, because of the thin wax coating it shouldn't evaporate, and if I remember correctly the moly should bond with the metal on the molecular level.
Steve

Good mini-review

Good Dry Lubrication. You'll find alot of cool lubricants that spray on, then the propellant evaporates. Leaving behind a thin film of lubricant.

This kind of lube is very good on roller chains, and lasts a long time.

You've made a good point of what I'm seeing. There's really no wax buildup that would interfere with the cycling of the firearm, and there's plenty of sliding metal to metal contact that makes this type of product tailor made for this application. I'm currently cleaning/relubing all my shotguns getting ready for dove season. Between Beretta, Mossberg, and Remington I should have a good test run.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back