Exide Sprinter Max battery sold by Home Depot failed at 2 years

Exide in the US doesn’t exist - it’s a brand name now. The ones I’ve seen at Home Depot are from a different supplier to be known. I’ve seen some of them look like Korean battery. The others use a design I can’t put a finger on.

Exide in the US doesn’t exist - it’s a brand name now. The ones I’ve seen at Home Depot are from a different supplier to be known. I’ve seen some of them look like Korean battery. The others use a design I can’t put a finger on.
PSX_20230204_015002.jpg

This is my new replacement. It has 2 flimsy handles. My 2yr old return had a single solid handle. The label says "Distributed by BSI, Garden Grove, CA"

If you are willing to buy a battery at a big box store like Home Depot then why not at a big box store like Walmart? Unless an odd size car battery it's almost certain to be a fresh battery at Walmart. And made by East Penn or Clarios.

Some who live in states where Walmart batteries are made by Clarios might consider moving to a state where Walmart batteries are made by East Penn. Reason enough to move.

Some who live in states where Walmart batteries are made by Clarios might consider moving to a state where Walmart batteries are made by East Penn. Reason enough to move.

May as well live in an RV then, because you are going to be moving a lot.
Around here, in the course of 6 mos, the regional supply went from Clarios to Exide, then back to Clarios.
If I want a WM stickered EP, I have to drive to Canton to get it.
Anything south of there is Clarios.
What WM does is highly fluid, depending on price and logistics (and add to that supply.)

May as well live in an RV then, because you are going to be moving a lot.
Around here, in the course of 6 mos, the regional supply went from Clarios to Exide, then back to Clarios.
If I want a WM stickered EP, I have to drive to Canton to get it.
Anything south of there is Clarios.
What WM does is highly fluid, depending on price and logistics (and add to that supply.)
Clarios manufacturers in the middle east I think. East Penn is in PA. I am thinking batteries at east coast or northeast are likely to be East Penn.

A few years ago I happened to walk by the car batteries at Home Depot. They were super dusty, clearly nobody had touched them for a long time. The date codes were crazy old, I recall most of them being at least a year old. Yes it's Exide but there's no way those batteries will live a long life by the time they are purchased!

^^My experience exactly. I had to move boxes (displays) to see the incredibly dusty automotive batteries in my HD.
Some were 18 months old.
Their automotive shelves were joke. Perhaps some other HD has a brisk battery trade.

It was then I dug in my heels and would buy nothing but a newly made battery in my exact group (59).
The vehicle came with a G58; close, but no cigar.

Back