Ethanol Dummy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never had a problem with E10 and have used it solely since the 90s here in Illinois. I first used E10 in Maine in the 70s and it was sold for winter use only preventing anti icing. It was called corn power and the station that sold it had a large corn cobb in front of their pumps.

Anyone information on the internet that clains to tell you "the TRUTH about X!" or claims, specifically, they will tell you all about "What XYZ doesn't want you to know!" is instantly rendered as a non-credible source. If this information is true, they should have used a different tactic. I've seen pages (and neighbors?) use the same language for complete garbage. This is not a creditable way to get your message across. Anyone to has to tell me they are telling the truth is really saying, "Beware. I'm very emotionally bias about this topic and cannot critically analyze the information I have been given."

Originally Posted By: JetStar
I've been seeing these ads on TV recently. I don't know what propaganda to believe.

http://www.yourenodummy.com/

Well, let the clarity be a guide. That domain is registered to Domain Discreet Privacy Service, as are the domain's mail servers, which have the domain ethanoldmz.com. Both were registered this past July.

If they're that up-front, why are they hiding behind a domain privacy service? Who runs it? Who funds it? You'll never know.

Yourenodummy.com isn't really very truthful. They've left out a lot of facts, and are using some misleading irrelevancies, such as NASCAR's use of ethanol. Yes, NASCAR uses ethanol, but Top Fuel dragsters use nitromethane. Does that mean you can use nitro in your Hyundai Accent? Think about that one. Yourenodummy.com claims that ethanol as a motor fuel receives no subsidies. In fact, it receives a giant subsidy in the form of the federal mandate that refiners blend in 16.6 billion gallons of biofuels into the gasoline supply this year. That means a captive market for ethanol producers, at ANY price.

Is the EPA really behind Yourenodummy.com? You'll never know.

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Anyone information on the internet that clains to tell you "the TRUTH about X!" or claims, specifically, they will tell you all about "What XYZ doesn't want you to know!" is instantly rendered as a non-credible source. If this information is true, they should have used a different tactic. I've seen pages (and neighbors?) use the same language for complete garbage. This is not a creditable way to get your message across. Anyone to has to tell me they are telling the truth is really saying, "Beware. I'm very emotionally bias about this topic and cannot critically analyze the information I have been given."

Yep...

Originally Posted By: JetStar
I've been seeing these ads on TV recently. I don't know what propaganda to believe.

http://www.yourenodummy.com/

It's all 100% pure horse puckey. You'll have to follow the money to find the source of the information, but the science doesn't lie. What does science tell you? Never mind. I should know better. BITOG is not interested in empirical evidence or practical analysis, only "butt dynos." Do whatever makes you feel good and you'll have more friends here.

Originally Posted By: tig1
I have never had a problem with E10 and have used it solely since the 90s here in Illinois. I first used E10 in Maine in the 70s and it was sold for winter use only preventing anti icing. It was called corn power and the station that sold it had a large corn cobb in front of their pumps.

Same here. Cars, boats that unfortunately have sat for well over a year,, OPE. Zero problems. I think ethanol has become a convenient scapegoat for other common fuel related issues.

I turn a blind eye to the proganda on that website, and don't buy into it. I'm just saying E10 has caused no issues for me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bvance554
Same here. Cars, boats that unfortunately have sat for well over a year,, OPE. Zero problems. I think ethanol has become a convenient scapegoat for other common fuel related issues.

I agree. I haven't come across problems. I know some people have, and people here like Trav have much more experience in this field. However, the big issue with OPE these days isn't ethanol - it's the fifty cents worth of parts that comprise the entire fuel system.

Originally Posted By: tig1

It was never introduced for anti-icing.

It was introduced to oxygenate the fuel, which reduced the levels of hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide in primarily carb fed engines in cold locations at the time.

Summer fuel didn't need the oxygenates, as they were on the choke a whole lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back