Esso XD-3 0W-4 has" DPF compatible" on the case ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was 0W-40 XD-3
blush.gif

The new formulation XD-3 synthetics are CJ-4, SM compatible oils. The change-over was made in August. 0W-30 and 0W-40 synthetics changed over, as well as the 10W-30, and there is a 15W-40 CJ-4 while the CI-4+ remains on the market.

I have five litres of old stock CI-4 left over.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
The new formulation XD-3 synthetics are CJ-4, SM compatible oils. The change-over was made in August. 0W-30 and 0W-40 synthetics changed over, as well as the 10W-30, and there is a 15W-40 CJ-4 while the CI-4+ remains on the market.

I have five litres of old stock CI-4 left over.

I' have a stash of CI4+ oils that I have been trying to unload for a while...My wife is getting tired of it taking up space!!!

Well I guess we don't have worry about cats getting plugged.Should send some virgin samples to Blackstone to see the difference in chemistry.

At $22 it was a good deal. At $35, not so much. Especially when Petro-Canada Duron 5-40 can be had for $26 per 4L jug.

Heck, Co-Op synthetic 0-40 (which some speculate is re-badged/re-formulated XD3) can be had for $25 per 5L jug.

Originally Posted By: Saab9-3
is the New XD3 even safer to use in Gasoline engines now ? As long as you're not burning oil ?
It's SM rated now for gasoline engines.

greaser -- i assume that you bought it at the st.luke rd. outlet. i'd ask if you were interested in selling a jug, if it was the 0w-30. 4 x 4l. jugs is too much oil for me. my motor likes the GC, and i'd like to stick with a 0w-30 that has a similar (12.2 cSt, and 3.5 hths) rating. the xd-3 oils are excellent products.

Originally Posted By: yeti
greaser -- i assume that you bought it at the st.luke rd. outlet. i'd ask if you were interested in selling a jug, if it was the 0w-30. 4 x 4l. jugs is too much oil for me. my motor likes the GC, and i'd like to stick with a 0w-30 that has a similar (12.2 cSt, and 3.5 hths) rating. the xd-3 oils are excellent products.
He doesn't carry the 0W-30 weight but I bought some up north a while back.If Smith fuels on St.Luke won't get you any there's another Esso dealer in Chatham that might.I'll try to find the area dealers' numbers and addresses and post them.I use the 0W-40 flavor and he told me he sells alot of that.If you want 0W-30 he has to order a skid.

Chalmers Fuels in the Acton area quoted me around $25/4l for 0w40 a month ago. Acton is not too far away from Waterloo. Chalmers is listed in the list of Esso dealers posted a few posts back.

My local jobber quoted me $6.12 per litre in 1 litre bottles for the 0W-30 and $6.70 for the 0W-40. Typically the jug product is $1 per litre cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back