Enterprise rental sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Wolf359
Originally Posted by Nick1994
My car was a rental, doesn't bother me, it just means it was driven like I would have driven it anyways, and still do.

One of the first cars I bought was a rental. Didn't bother me at the time and there was nothing major wrong with it. Drove it for several years and it just required the usual normal maintenance. Nothing really blew up, ran fine. I wouldn't do it again though because back then I didn't care if it was just basic transportation. Nowadays they're just basic models, you never really find rentals that are loaded so I'd rather buy something that has more options these days. But if I found one, I'd probably do it again.

Enterprise used to have more basic cars but I believe they found when reselling the vehicles the base models were less desirable and didnt fetch as high of a price. Now we seem to get higher trim levels. Recently through my branch we have had some cadillac suv's, gmc yukon xl denali, f150 platinum and king ranch ect. We also have some lower end stuff as well. Maybe cars are better equipped base model now a days with mandatory reverse cameras and such.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by atikovi
Rentals have seen more butts than a dive bar ashtray. Some people beat on them, especially the lower end models and the sports cars. Lincolns and Caddys, not as much. Usually they are mid-level equipped so don't expect to find a fully loaded version if that is what you want.

I have seen some pretty loaded rentals. Off the top of my head, a Chrysler 200 Limited, a Camry SE that seemed to have every option except the V6, and a Focus Titanium.

Yeah I see a lot of titanium trim fords come through, such as the edge titanium and fusion titanium.

Originally Posted by crainholio
Just a data point: last week I rented a Jeep Grand Cherokee from Alamo at FLL airport. Odometer showed 10,8xx miles, OLM indicated 89%, oil on the dipstick was nice light amber color.

Depends on where the vehicle was serviced but often the oil life monitors are not reset by the shop and we just reset them at the branch. You wouldn't believe how many people tell us that the car needs an oil change when the monitor gets low even though it just had an oil change and the shop forgot to reset it.

As a AAA tow tech, fun fact: Enterprise and it's siblings (National and Alamo) uses the AAA system for roadside assistance for renters. So I know a bit about their maintenance.

Cars that come from PDX airport here have all maintenance done on site at the service center; there is a section of the lot just for LOF and it's done my understanding every 3000 for most cars; I know there is a few higher end cars that go to the dealer.

The local offices from what I understand are supposed to use Jiffy Lube; yes you heard me. I had a 2018 VW Tiguan that I towed to the PDX service center because Jiffy Lube didn't put in the oil filter cartridge right and it lost all the oil.

I'd rather buy a rental car than buy a car I've owned. Compared to how I drive the average rental car has it easy haha. High quality pads and rotors have never lasted me more than 20k miles. I usually get about 25% less than EPA estimated MPG... When I'm in a good mood and not in a hurry. But hey, I always change the oil and fluids!

Originally Posted by dogememe
I'd rather buy a rental car than buy a car I've owned. Compared to how I drive the average rental car has it easy haha. High quality pads and rotors have never lasted me more than 20k miles. I usually get about 25% less than EPA estimated MPG... When I'm in a good mood and not in a hurry. But hey, I always change the oil and fluids!

I thought I drove hard, dude you can coast sometimes!!!!
crazy2.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted by KE7JFF
As a AAA tow tech, fun fact: Enterprise and it's siblings (National and Alamo) uses the AAA system for roadside assistance for renters. So I know a bit about their maintenance.

Cars that come from PDX airport here have all maintenance done on site at the service center; there is a section of the lot just for LOF and it's done my understanding every 3000 for most cars; I know there is a few higher end cars that go to the dealer.

The local offices from what I understand are supposed to use Jiffy Lube; yes you heard me. I had a 2018 VW Tiguan that I towed to the PDX service center because Jiffy Lube didn't put in the oil filter cartridge right and it lost all the oil.

Local Enterprise place has routine service and tires done at a Firestone shop. Where I used to live, it was usually a dealer. (It was a mile from several dealers.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back