Engine check light on 600mil into RX cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
1996 2.2L Toyota Camry, 147k miles
This car runs fine, no leaks, no burning of oil.
Decided to put in AutoRX after reading so many good things about it as a preventive measure.
600 miles into cleaning phase, engine check light on. Will go to Autozone to dignose what is the problem.
Anybody encounter similar problem before?

Doubt it has any relation to auto-rx. However it might have a oil sensor, indicating sludge, or debris, or change oil, etc etc. Auto-rx can triger these when cleaning them. Proceed with application instructions.

dont hook up the unit to check the light w/engine running. something as simple as your gas cap being off can trigger the chk. eng. light.after you pull a code go with simple cheap fixes first.vac.hoses,voltage,grounds,before you start swapping components.my guess is,well I probably shouldn't(o2 sensor contaminated)speculate!

Yep if it does have anythingto do with the ARX it is just sensors getting cleaned up ..or passed over with sludge and debris from the oil .

Yup! Happened to both my wifey's 93 Camry Vee 6 and my Mazda B-6 block: my B-6 block 1000kms into the clean phase, the oil light failed to kick in during startup. After the engine warmed up (short trip), and then you came back in 5 mins time and restart the engine, the oil check light came back on. This annoyed me for about 500kms until I've gone 600kms into rinse phase and everything came back to normal afterwards.

This B-6 block has seen full synthetic for over 170,000kms to date and always 6kkms OCI (city).

Ditto to my wifey's camry: 1400kms into the first rinse phase, oil light came on. Drove it for another 1200kms and the oil light disappeared and ever came back.

Her car has 210,000kms and of all that about 180,000kms seen cheap dino oils. I just put in a 2nd clean phase as we speak and the engine is very smooth and quiet now.

also added a few Oz into her ps fluid reservoir and currently going through rinse phase with syntiethc DexronIII.

Please read the FAQ and www.auto-rx.com it is nothing more than Auto-Rx is cleaning your engine and the sensors (you must have a very dirty engine) there is no harm. Just dirt. After rinse mode light wil go out as sensors will be clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back