ENEOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a lot of ENEOS engine oil on website and some stores around here. I was wondering if anybody had used it before and if anyone had an opinion on it.

Last time I was in a NAPA store and took at look at their 0W20 ENEOS, it only had SM (not SN) certification. Seems the bottles don't get sold a lot...

I think it is just not a well known brand to the general motoring public yet. Similar to Pentosin or Idemitsu, unless you are a car person or oil nerd, it is an unknown entity.

There is very little advertising for ENEOS that I have seen. The biggest ad is sponsoring Kyle Larson's Xfinity car.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I think it is just not a well known brand to the general motoring public yet. Similar to Pentosin or Idemitsu, unless you are a car person or oil nerd, it is an unknown entity.

There is very little advertising for ENEOS that I have seen. The biggest ad is sponsoring Kyle Larson's Xfinity car.

And Yamaha's MotoGP team with Lorenzo and Rossi. There's been some discussion and testing here (did you search?) and IIRC, it showed as a high quality oil with a high VI but expensive and hard to find. To me, it's kind of hard to get excited about chasing these specialty oils when the main stream, lower cost, commonly available oils are now so good.

It's a great oil, just not well known in the North Americas.

Their Sustina line is an extremely good boutique oil. Up there with the best.

Eneos is a very common and household name in South and Central America and overseas.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

And Yamaha's MotoGP team with Lorenzo and Rossi. There's been some discussion and testing here (did you search?) and IIRC, it showed as a high quality oil with a high VI but expensive and hard to find. To me, it's kind of hard to get excited about chasing these specialty oils when the main stream, lower cost, commonly available oils are now so good.

Well put.
Eneos is a great product however look at the price.

Originally Posted By: Wyverns
Last time I was in a NAPA store and took at look at their 0W20 ENEOS, it only had SM (not SN) certification. Seems the bottles don't get sold a lot...

NAPA Canada might have it at a semi-sensible price, as do some Partsource stores. I have never even heard of it being rolled back to a sale price, though.
wink.gif
It's regular price is, however, better than a lot of the competition on the shelf.

Other than the 0w50, how do their other products compare to M1 and Edge?

If I was paying that much for oil at Napa, I'd rather buy Lubro Moly.

It all depends upon what grades you're actually comparing. I don't think Eneos has much in the way of European stuff. It's generally ILSAC rated grades for Japanese and North American vehicles. It's a fine oil, but like anything else, don't overpay.

Nippon has a plant in Childersburg, Alabama. They are in the process of added on to the plant to boost capacity 50%.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
It can be bought for a reasonably price at Napa auto stores.

But sadly, STILL not their Sustina line, at least not in ANY NAPA I've ever been in within my area.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back