ENEOS ECO-ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my local Napa auto parts store this weekend and picked up this ATF for $4.99 per quart. I've never seen it anywhere else. Seems like a bargain to me compared to the Honda or Toyota stuff which is about $8-10 per quart. I didn't realize that Napa stores carry this good stuff. Much better than going to Pepboys or Autozone.

Cheers,

Paul

My 2011 Corolla takes the Toyota WS ATF and this fluid is the equivalent for it. I think many other manufacturers are going to be switching to lighter fluid for better mpg because of the new cafe standards coming in 2015.

Paul

Still not compatible with the Mazda stuff for Skyactiv AT's (Mazda ATF-FZ). That is supposedly an ultra light fluid.

Honda's current fluid, DW-1, is thinner than its older fluid, but still not as thin as many of these newer fluids. Unfortunately, there is no published "performance requirements" for Honda's fluid (or for Toyota's fluid either probably). They simply blend it and sell it, but there is no license for it, and no "specification" to meet. So it's hard to evaluate other fluids against it (plus 1 for sticking with OEM).

I find it curious that fluids like Castrol Transmax IMV and Valvoline MaxLife ATF claim to be compatible with both Z1 and DW-1. Transmax's viscosity at 100 deg C is 8.0 cSt according to its PDS, while DW-1 is 6.8 cSt. ?? Maybe the Transmax shears down quick to the upper-6s, who knows.

They also sell an Eneos SP which is specifically for SPIII (Hyundai,Kia, Mitsubishi). Aside from the OEM transmission fluid, this is the only other SPIII I have ever found that is a single spec fluid. The SP is also $4.99 per quart. I'm planning on picking up a case of it next time I go to Napa and using it for our Elantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back